Fremont, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, May 3, 2023
Velo3D is a technology company that provides the industry’s most advanced fully integrated metal 3D printing solution for mission-critical parts.
Some of the most pioneering companies, including SpaceX, Honeywell, and Lam Research, use the Velo3D solution to drive defense innovation, improve aerospace applications, enhance transportation efficiency, and produce critical oil & gas applications.
While conventional 3D printing and traditional manufacturing methods impose strict design and performance limitations, Velo3D supports true design freedom and allows engineers to build the complex parts they need without compromising performance or quality for manufacturability. In our quest to support tomorrow’s innovations, we enable parts to be printed to exact standards of consistency, quality, and repeatability.
Velo3D has been named to Fast Company’s prestigious annual list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2023. For more information, please visit velo3d.com, or follow the company on LinkedIn or Twitter.
We are looking for an experienced and motivated Manufacturing Manager to lead one of our manufacturing shifts in Fremont, CA. We are looking for a self-starter and team builder that enjoys working hands-on in a high-growth environment.
Essential Job Functions
- Create work schedules based on the production plan.
- Assign tasks and responsibilities to manufacturing employees.
- Track and maintain production schedule with production status.
- Facilitate training and onboarding of new employees.
- Coach and develop team members.
- Collect and manage production KPIs.
- Ensure team members adhere to safety and quality standards.
- Identify and troubleshoot production issues in collaboration with other departments.
- Work with warehouse and planning to ensure proper material flow.
- Create and manage benchmark capacity planning.
- 10+ years working in a high mix low volume manufacturing environment, preferably in an ISO 9001 environment.
- 5+ years working in people management positions, preferably in an ISO 9001 environment.
- Expert MS Office user.
- Proficiency in PLM/PDM systems and a good understanding of change processes and control.
- Working knowledge of transactional processes in a manufacturing/warehouse environment (Sales & Work Orders, RMAs, Kitting, etc.).
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Basic understanding of COGS and product cost principles.
- Team player that excels in leadership positions.
About the Company:
Velo, Velo3D, Sapphire and Intelligent Fusion are registered trademarks of Velo3D, Inc. Without Compromise, Flow and Assure are trademarks of Velo3D, Inc.
Our team enjoys excellent benefits including healthcare coverage and 401(K) employer contributions. We believe in transparency and recognizing exceptional efforts through our monthly all-hands meetings and team member appreciation awards.
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The starting base salary for this full-time position is between $130,000 and $140,000. This salary range reflects the minimum and maximum target for this position in the U.S. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as work experience, job-related skills, related education, work location, and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. In addition to a competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits package, this position may be eligible for other forms of compensation such as participation in a bonus and equity program, as applicable.
Velo3D provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to, and prohibits discrimination and harassment based on, race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.