Facilities Maintenance Technician II
Fremont, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, February 23, 2023
Velo3D is a technology company that provides the industry’s most advanced fully integrated metal 3D printing solution for mission-critical parts.
Some of the most pioneering companies, including SpaceX, Honeywell, and Lam Research, use the Velo3D solution to drive defense innovation, improve aerospace applications, enhance transportation efficiency, and produce critical oil & gas applications.
While conventional 3D printing and traditional manufacturing methods impose strict design and performance limitations, Velo3D supports true design freedom and allows engineers to build the complex parts they need without compromising performance or quality for manufacturability. In our quest to support tomorrow’s innovations, we enable parts to be printed to exact standards of consistency, quality, and repeatability.
Velo3D has been named to Fast Company’s prestigious annual list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2023. For more information, please visit velo3d.com, or follow the company on LinkedIn or Twitter.
Employment Status: Contract Non-Exempt
Experience Required: Minimum 2 years relevant experience in maintenance, construction, and/or equipment repair.
Direct Supervisor: Director of Facilities
Supervisory Responsibility: Direct (0); Indirect (0)
Primary Work Location: Velo3D buildings in Fremont and Campbell
Certification: Valid driver's license.
Job Summary: This position is responsible for general care and maintenance of the Velo3D facilities. Work is generally routine; however, special projects may be conducted under indirect supervision. As part of the Facilities Department staff, this position is also responsible, as necessary, for the general safety of the buildings.
• Remove old ceilings, walls, blocks, bricks, doors, windows, concrete, and asphalt.
• Lock and unlock doors as directed.• Observe and report hazardous conditions.
• Assist other Facilities Department staff as directed.
• Must complete appropriate OSHA/safety training as determined by Facilities management.
• Perform other tasks and duties assigned.
Essential Functions, Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA’s) for Employment: An employee in this class must have the following knowledge, skills, and abilities upon application:
• Electrical, HVAC, plumbing, carpentry, and equipment repair.
• Operation of motorized maintenance equipment.
• Occupational hazards and safe working practices.
• Building and grounds construction and maintenance, materials, and equipment.
• Reading and writing skills.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Good Mechanical skills.
• Follow written and oral instructions.
• Read diagrams and blueprints.
• Measure and make applicable computations.
• Work nights, weekends, or alone.
• Must be able to climb, work in tight places, walk distances, and work in different types of weather.
• Must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds with assistance• Significant climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, and repetitive motions.
**This position description is a general guideline for work behavior and is not intended to be a comprehensive listing of all job duties. Therefore, it is also not, nor can it be implied to be, a contract of employment.
Essential Functions: An employee in this position may be called upon to do any or all of the following essential duties
- Install, repair, patch, and paint walls, ceilings, and floors.
- Repair and replace windows, doors, screens, hardware, etc.
- Repair damaged and assemble new chairs, desks, tables, etc.
- Replace and install fasteners, wire supports, wall angles, ceiling tiles, and grid as directed.
- Reattach duct to ceiling vents during ceiling installation.
- Frame walls to specifications to accept windows, doors, etc. and bear weight.
- Install insulation in walls and ceilings to current building codes.
- Hang new drywall, tape, and drywall compound.• Install new doors.
- Replace Lamps and troubleshoot/repair light fixtures.• Install receptacles and inspect wires as directed.
- Perform troubleshooting and maintenance on infrastructure and equipment as directed.
- Perform small tasks and inspect fixtures. Plunge toilets.• Repair equipment as directed.
- Operate Forklift, Scissor Lift, etc.
- Test water samples and handle chemicals.
- Move office furniture, tables, chairs, etc.
- Arrange furniture for meetings and conferences.
- Clean and remove trash from buildings as directed.
- Assist in caring for grounds as directed.
- Assist in the maintenance of vehicles and equipment as directed.
About the Company:
Velo, Velo3D, Sapphire and Intelligent Fusion are registered trademarks of Velo3D, Inc. Without Compromise, Flow and Assure are trademarks of Velo3D, Inc.
We believe in transparency and recognizing exceptional efforts through our monthly all-hands meetings and team member appreciation awards.
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The starting base salary for this full-time position is between $76,960 and $91,520. This salary range reflects the minimum and maximum target for this position in the U.S. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as work experience, job-related skills, related education, work location, and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. In addition to a competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits package, this position may be eligible for other forms of compensation such as participation in a bonus and equity program, as applicable.
Velo3D provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to, and prohibits discrimination and harassment based on, race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.