Senior Manager, Payroll
Vectra® is the leader in AI-driven threat detection and response for hybrid and multi-cloud enterprises.
The Vectra AI Platform delivers integrated signal across public cloud, SaaS, identity, and data center networks in a single platform. Powered by patented Attack Signal Intelligence, it empowers security teams to rapidly prioritize, investigate and respond to the most advanced cyber-attacks. With 35 patents in AI-driven threat detection and the most vendor references in MITRE D3FEND, organizations worldwide rely on the Vectra AI to move at the speed and scale of hybrid attackers. For more information, visit www.vectra.ai.
The Senior Manager, Payroll will serve as a key member of the function, with responsibility for leading a payroll specialist, the ADP WorkforceNow team, company processes, and the payroll team’s relationships with HR, Stock Administration, and IT. This position will be responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining processes that will contribute to an efficient payroll process for Dropbox.
The ideal candidate for this position is a hands-on leader who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment! We are looking for an individual with demonstrated experience in building and leading timely and accurate payroll processes that promote a high-quality employee experience!
- Maintain relationship with ADP WorkforceNow
- Lead all North American payroll operations related to employee compensation and benefits, including, but not limited to, handling ADP and processing of the US and Canada bi-weekly payroll for exempt and non-exempt workers, researching discrepancies and identifying and resolving payroll-related issues
- Handle all International payroll operations related to employee compensation and benefits, including, but not limited to, leading Vistra and processing of the monthly payroll for exempt and non-exempt workers, researching discrepancies and identifying and resolving payroll-related issues
- Handle Employee inquiries and resolve any issues as needed
- Develop and document processes and controls for the payroll function
- Lead ADP’s tax and benefits compliance and reporting including compliance with all Federal, State, and local payroll tax laws
- Coordinate and partner with HR to keep all payroll records accurate and up-to-date
- Provide formal and ad-hoc analysis of payroll, benefits, and headcount
- Continuously identify and develop solutions for automation and process efficiency to improve productivity
- Prior experience processing income from equity instruments (Option NQ, RSU, ESPP, etc.) in North America
- Out-of-cycle/ad hoc payments of employees and production and issuance of manual checks or electronic transfers to bank accounts
- Supervise escalations of employee inquiries and ensure that all inquiries are promptly and appropriately resolved
- Maintenance of all payroll processes and procedures including analysis, design & implementation of changes to ensure continuous improvement in accuracy and efficiency, standard process operations, and compliance with company policies
- Manage and drive accountability with third-party vendors
- Manage and review ADP’s tax compliance services
- Supervise the preparation of all payroll-related reports, including governmental and regulatory filings
- Consistently seek out ways to improve and transform the process to scale with the growth of the business
- Partner with IT to optimize system functionality and exploit opportunities for automation
- Partner with the Accounting Team to ensure all payroll activities are posted to the general ledger and payroll accounts are reconciled timely and accurately
- Partner with Equity Operations to facilitate the accurate and timely processing and reporting of equity instruments
- Partner with Human Resources to facilitate the accurate and timely processing of leaves of absence as well as changes to employee benefits
- Produce audit reports to validate payroll data integrity meeting SOX requirements
- Support annual Financial Statement audits and lead401k audits, Workers Comp audits, and other audits as the need arises
- Manage annual preparation and delivery of accurate Form W-2s and other compliance filings
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) and at least 10 years of related experience in multi-state payroll
- Experience handling US multi-state payroll end-to-end process
- Experience with Commissions, draws, bonuses, and Equity transaction requirements
- Must be comfortable with creating import files (new hires, deductions, pay data) from various sources and troubleshoot import/system errors
- Certified payroll professional preferred
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Proficient in applying business tools such as Microsoft Excel
- Experience with relevant systems including ADP
- Experience with Workday, Bamboo HR, NetSuite or equivalent ERP product software is strongly preferred
- An understanding or experience with payroll accounting preferred
Vectra provides a comprehensive total rewards package that supports the financial, physical, mental and overall health of our employees and their families. Compensation includes competitive base pay, incentive plan eligibility, and participation in the employee equity plan (stock options). Specific benefits offered varies by location, but commonly include health care insurance, income protection / life insurance, access to retirement savings plans, behavioral & emotional wellness services, generous time away from work, and a comprehensive employee recognition program.
Vectra is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.