Technical Customer Support Engineer (Midwest/Mtn region)
Vectra® is the leader in AI-driven threat detection and response for hybrid and multi-cloud enterprises.
The Vectra AI Platform delivers integrated signal across public cloud, SaaS, identity, and data center networks in a single platform. Powered by patented Attack Signal Intelligence, it empowers security teams to rapidly prioritize, investigate and respond to the most advanced cyber-attacks. With 35 patents in AI-driven threat detection and the most vendor references in MITRE D3FEND, organizations worldwide rely on the Vectra AI to move at the speed and scale of hybrid attackers. For more information, visit www.vectra.ai.
Why Vectra AI?
Vectra AI is the leading innovator in real-time detection of in-progress cyber attacks. The Vectra Cognito platform continuously monitors customer environments to automatically detect any phase of an on-going cyber attack. Vectra AI won the Best of Black Hat Award for “Most Innovative Emerging Company” and the SC Award “Best Customer Service”.
Our culture is centered around three core values – customer first, no drama teamwork and acting with integrity. At Vectra, we love to solve hard problems and embrace people who relish that. We also love people who are passionate, irreverent and focus on delivering results.
You are expected to be different from the norm, to excel in your field and be willing to share your experiences and creativity with the global organization. You are expected to challenge the status quo.
If you care about building great customer experiences, like to stretch, do not take no for an answer and are great to work with, this is your home.
Joining the organization at this time will allow you to develop the dynamics which will shape the global support organization. Joining now offers future career opportunities in a fast moving environment.
For this role you should be a leading Technical Support Engineer, experienced in technical support of complex technologies in challenging global environments. As part of the Support team you will be responsible for ensuring that the customer experience remains positive throughout the lifecycle of their support interactions.
You are likely to already be an expert in your field, the individual your colleagues come to for assistance and the individual that customers ask for when they're in difficult situations.
This is a remote-based position located in the United States.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Working a customer-facing third-tier support queue.
- Deep diagnosis of customer issues, including lab reproduction and source-code analysis.
- Quantifying customer impact and prioritizing solutions both within and external to the Support team.
- Engaging with both customers and the Sales organization through email, telephone and remote management sessions (e.g. WebEx, Zoom, GotoMeeting).
- Engaging with Engineering teams to provide prompt and high-quality workarounds and solutions.
- Identifying, qualifying and documenting product, hardware, software and process improvements.
- Developing Support processes, tools and documentation to further grow the Support organization.
- Developing customer-facing content (e.g. knowledge-base, how-to guides).
- Limited on-call/out-of-hours support for weekends/national holidays.
- Collaborate with your colleagues on investigations and escalations.
- Being the embodiment of a team player; cross functional collaboration and communication is vital.
- Strong experience supporting an international customer base.
- At least 5 years working in a technical support and/or escalation engineer role.
- Experience in diagnosis and resolution of complex customer issues.
- Expertise in Linux-based systems, their management, operation and application stacks.
- Good understanding of current security technologies and risks.
- Excellent understanding of TCP/IP network protocol suite including packet capture analysis.
- Basic understanding of SQL and non-SQL databases.
- Able to work as part of a geographically dispersed global Support team.
- Initiative to proactively identify new issues and drive their resolution.
- Some exposure to virtual environments.
- Some exposure to cloud environments and support of cloud/SaaS applications.
- Scripting/programming, especially in Python and the bash shell.
- Design and understanding of enterprise and data-center networks.
- Proactively identify problem areas and be responsible for driving their resolution.
- Good understanding of SQL and non-SQL databases.
- Good understanding of virtual environments.
- Good understanding of cloud environments.
- Experience in security appliances and security software.
- Experience in data interchange between dissimilar systems.
Vectra provides a comprehensive total rewards package that supports the financial, physical, mental and overall health of our employees and their families. Compensation includes competitive base pay, incentive plan eligibility, and participation in the employee equity plan (stock options). Specific benefits offered varies by location, but commonly include health care insurance, income protection / life insurance, access to retirement savings plans, behavioral & emotional wellness services, generous time away from work, and a comprehensive employee recognition program.
Vectra is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.