Regional Partner Manager - Federal
Vectra® is the leader in AI-driven threat detection and response for hybrid and multi-cloud enterprises.
The Vectra AI Platform delivers integrated signal across public cloud, SaaS, identity, and data center networks in a single platform. Powered by patented Attack Signal Intelligence, it empowers security teams to rapidly prioritize, investigate and respond to the most advanced cyber-attacks. With 35 patents in AI-driven threat detection and the most vendor references in MITRE D3FEND, organizations worldwide rely on the Vectra AI to move at the speed and scale of hybrid attackers. For more information, visit www.vectra.ai.
Vectra AI is seeking a self-starting, highly motivated channel sales professional to join our Partner Sales organization as a Federal Channel Manager in North America. Targeting candidates local to Washington, DC.
As the Federal Channel Manager you will own and manage the relationship between Vectra AI and the channel landscape, including Distribution, VARs, MSSPs and Referral partners. All aspects of partner recruitment, partner enablement, business planning, sales, sales forecasting, joint marketing activities, etc. will be the responsibility of the Channel Manager. Additionally, maintaining, advocating and leveraging all applicable Federal and SLED contracts to boost sales is required.
The Channel Manager is responsible for managing the Vectra AI Channel partners in region to meet and exceed revenue targets, new customer logos, market share and other channel performance metrics defined in the Vectra AI partner program.
The Channel Manager will need to be passionate about the extraordinary value Vectra AI is providing to our customers while also conducting themselves with professionalism, honesty, and integrity. Vectra AI has an aggressive, but methodical, approach to driving growth, and the successful candidate will need strong experience in channel management as well as in selling to end-customers carrying own quota.
Typical duties & responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Working with Distribution Partners to identify, recruit & enable new Partners, that match the ideal partner profile for Vectra AI.
- Maintaining Federal contracts, pricing updates, and driving net new contracts is required. Experience a must
- Understanding how procurement works with various Federal agencies and ensuring that a procurement path is established and viable.
- Leveraging Distribution to build pipeline, brand awareness and advocates in the Federal space.
- Working with Channel Partners to identify and develop new business wins for Vectra AI.
- Development and execution of a partner account plan in close coordination with the Regional Sales team. This will include strategic direction/goals, business planning, account mappings, lead / pipeline generation, know-how transfer, etc.
- Working with the marketing team and the Channel Partners to develop and manage marketing plans to further Vectra AI business and develop a win/win relationship.
- Manage the financial aspects of the Channel Partner relationship including revenue, renewals rate, margin, rebate, etc.
- Manage the pipeline together with the partners, assisting the partner with required resources and closing the deals.
- Representing the needs of the Channel Partner to Vectra AI.
- Maintain high activity rates with focus partners including Onsite meetings, Partner facing calls, quarterly business reviews, floor walks, etc.
- Establishing a support mechanism to make Vectra AI the easiest and preferred vendor to work with and actively remove barriers to that gain.
- Actively work with the Regional Sales Managers on regional channel strategies to achieve the key goals of Vectra AI and the Channel Partners.
- Presentation and solution selling at the highest levels. Position Vectra AI solutions and articulate Vectra AI strategies (value propositions) at events and customer meetings.
- Coordinate and manage interaction between Channel partners and other key Vectra AI teams including Regional Sales Managers, Marketing team, Sales Engineers, Business Operations, etc.
- 25% travel in region
- A proven security channel sales professional (5+ years channels sales experience in Cyber Security, Network Security, Email Security), who has the proven ability to develop and maintain strong, lasting relationships including senior level.
- An excellent network in the security channel landscape in region and North America
- Excellent communication skills; both written and oral.
- Must be a team player and have strong interpersonal skills and desire to work in a dynamic and fast-pace environment.
- Must have the ability to work autonomously, be self-motivated and a strong influencer.
- Must be willing to travel in assigned territory.
- Strong presenter and closer. Demonstrate the necessary skills to negotiate issues with peers, distributors and partners using a Win/Win philosophy.
- Must be willing to adapt as necessary to accommodate changes in industry and company direction.
- Must have a commitment to customer service and the motivation to work with limited supervision.
- Must have a successful track record in meeting sales quota objectives.
- Must have an understanding of and experience in strategic selling and working with partners.
- Must have experience developing distribution/channel strategies, preparing proposals, quotes and business plans and presenting networking products.
- Track record in appropriate Channel development (10 named partners).
- 3–5 references are required (Reseller, Distributor, Manager, Peer).
Vectra provides a comprehensive total rewards package that supports the financial, physical, mental and overall health of our employees and their families. Compensation includes competitive base pay, incentive plan eligibility, and participation in the employee equity plan (stock options). Specific benefits offered varies by location, but commonly include health care insurance, income protection / life insurance, access to retirement savings plans, behavioral & emotional wellness services, generous time away from work, and a comprehensive employee recognition program.
Vectra is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.