Director of Accounting
Vectra® is the leader in AI-driven threat detection and response for hybrid and multi-cloud enterprises.
The Vectra AI Platform delivers integrated signal across public cloud, SaaS, identity, and data center networks in a single platform. Powered by patented Attack Signal Intelligence, it empowers security teams to rapidly prioritize, investigate and respond to the most advanced cyber-attacks. With 35 patents in AI-driven threat detection and the most vendor references in MITRE D3FEND, organizations worldwide rely on the Vectra AI to move at the speed and scale of hybrid attackers. For more information, visit www.vectra.ai.
AS A DIRECTOR OF ACCOUNTING, YOU WILL:
- Manage close procedures, including:
- preparation of the close calendar,
- monitoring close deliverables,
- review of journal entries and account reconciliations,
- preparation and review of flux analysis
- Manage stock-based compensation expense.
- Manage and ensure accuracy oof accounting for leases under ASC 842.
- Responsible for preparation of timely and accurate consolidated financial statements including consolidated statement of cash flows and statement of equity and ensure consolidated financial statements are prepared timely in accordance with GAAP and internal company policies.
- Effectively lead and mentor a global team to successfully complete tasks within planned timelines.
- Develop and build additional process/controls as needed to help improve the quality and timing of the close.
- Manage the P.O and Accounts Payables process to ensure proper coding, reduction in reclass entries, and timely payment processing.
- Liaise with external and internal auditors in coordinating the annual audit
- Coordinate with FP&A on forecasts and supplemental analysis.
- Assist in preparation of technical accounting memos as transactions arise and incorporate new accounting pronouncements into operational processes.
- Support in implementing accounting policies, procedures and systems as required, and ensure internal control procedures are adequate, properly documented and regularly reviewed.
- Manage efforts to strengthen the control environment and implement process improvements with a particular focus on enhancing our use of technology and development of automated solutions.
- Lead cross-functional projects as requested, including design of end-to-end processes and working with IT to test and implement systems.
- Responsible for the support of various ad-hoc projects as the business requires
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- 8+ years of relevant experience, including exposure to publicly traded and SaaS companies
- Big 4 public accounting experience is highly desired (at least 3-5 years in a public accounting firm)
- CPA required
- Problem-solver who can roll up their sleeves to deliver results while implementing solutions to support the company’s future growth.
- Passion for excellence, attention to detail, willingness to get into the weeds; strong organizational and time management skills in a fast-paced environment and dynamic environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Experience with ERP system (Netsuite preferred)
- Experience with month-end close tools (Floqast preferred)
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, including the use of pivot tables and vlookup, required
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Technical accounting experience related to ASC 842 and ASC 815 is strongly preferred
- Software-as-a Service (SaaS) revenue accounting experience and solid knowledge of ASC 606 is desired.
Vectra provides a comprehensive total rewards package that supports the financial, physical, mental and overall health of our employees and their families. Compensation includes competitive base pay, incentive plan eligibility, and participation in the employee equity plan (stock options). Specific benefits offered varies by location, but commonly include health care insurance, income protection / life insurance, access to retirement savings plans, behavioral & emotional wellness services, generous time away from work, and a comprehensive employee recognition program.
Vectra is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.