UX Design Manager
Vectra® is the leader in AI-driven threat detection and response for hybrid and multi-cloud enterprises.
The Vectra Platform captures packets and logs across network, public cloud, SaaS, and identity by applying patented security-led AI to surface and prioritize threats for rapid threat response. Vectra's threat detections are powered by a deep understanding of attacker methods and problem-optimized AI algorithms. Alerts uncover attacker methods in action and are correlated across customer environments to expose real attacks. Organizations around the world rely on Vectra to see and stop threats before a breach occurs. For more information, visit www.vectra.ai.
UX Design Manager
Location: Austin, TX
Vectra AI is revolutionizing the security industry by answering the existential question of every organization: How to find attackers who are already inside the defensive perimeter before they can do real damage? We stop attacks on the likes of Target, Home Depot and Sony before they become news stories.
At Vectra we are reinventing enterprise security by combining security research, data science, machine learning, and data visualization to create the foremost security platform that operates across all threat surfaces including corporate network, cloud identity and SaaS applications. What’s more, we are known for empowering security analysts and engineers with the most intuitive and capable user experience.
As a design manager, you will help lead our existing, highly capable multi-national design and user research team to refine and extend our platform capabilities and user experience. You will work on constantly refining and improving our design process. And you will spearhead some of our most advanced design projects as an individual contributor. You will be at the forefront of the cybersecurity industry, working to protect organizations from the bad guys, and will use your full range of skills from product design, interaction design, visual design, and design management to help us empower our users and create delightful user experiences.
Who We Are Looking for,..
- You’re ready to dive head first into the fascinating technical world of cybersecurity and refine conceptually complex workflows and information architectures.
- You are practiced using iterative processes beginning with requirements and ending with customer experiences that are simple and elegant.
- You have led UX projects and teams, including scoping projects, managing team bandwidth, and coaching less senior team members.
- You have a strong commitment to user research, gathering feedback on design artefacts, and designing telemetry to inform our understanding of usage of our designs.
- You have experience partnering with a variety of stakeholders like PMs, UI Engineers, Platform Engineers, Sales Engineers, and others who are involved in the process from conception to launch to evaluation of usage.
- You are used to creating detailed mock-ups, interaction workflows, wireframes, Figma prototypes, service blueprints, and other artifacts to illustrate design intent and clearly communicate with internal stakeholders.
- You are open to feedback and know how to use it to your advantage.
- You have a strong sense of when to conform and when to push boundaries.
- You support every design decision you make—from the smallest text change to entire overhauls—with logical, thoughtful, and clear rationales.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a thorough grasp of user experience and interaction design
- Self-motivated and able to prioritize and manage workload to meet project deadlines
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g. graphic, interaction, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, CS, or a related field or equivalent practical experience
- 5 years of experience in UX design and leadership, including managing projects, designing and shipping web-based applications or services in either the enterprise or business markets
- Proficiency with the Figma design tool
- A strong portfolio featuring examples of your best design work
- Familiarity with technical constraints and limitations in designing responsive web products and services
- A history of design leadership with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build good working relationships with local and remote team members
Nice to Have
- Visual design skills with the ability to create pixel perfect, aesthetically pleasing designs
- Experience with conducting contextual inquiries, analyzing telemetry, and user testing
- Experience with design sprints and task management tools like Jira
A two-minute video that describes what we do at Vectra, and an article about our last funding round:
Vectra provides a comprehensive total rewards package that supports the financial, physical, mental and overall health of our employees and their families. Compensation includes competitive base pay, incentive plan eligibility, and participation in the employee equity plan (stock options). Specific benefits offered varies by location, but commonly include health care insurance, income protection / life insurance, access to retirement savings plans, behavioral & emotional wellness services, generous time away from work, and a comprehensive employee recognition program.
Vectra is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.