Senior Data Scientist
Vectra® is the leader in AI-driven threat detection and response for hybrid and multi-cloud enterprises.
The Vectra Platform captures packets and logs across network, public cloud, SaaS, and identity by applying patented security-led AI to surface and prioritize threats for rapid threat response. Vectra's threat detections are powered by a deep understanding of attacker methods and problem-optimized AI algorithms. Alerts uncover attacker methods in action and are correlated across customer environments to expose real attacks. Organizations around the world rely on Vectra to see and stop threats before a breach occurs. For more information, visit www.vectra.ai.
Be on the leading edge of applying machine learning and data modelling to the world of advanced cyber security. As part of the Data Science team you will directly impact the product by solving complex problems, modelling data relating to network and cloud environments, and developing production software. You will work with diverse datasets and problems across multiple areas, including detecting cyber-attacks in real-time, building advanced prioritisation systems for detections, and leveraging AI at the user interface. You will work in direct collaboration with Security Researchers, who are experts in cyber security attack techniques.
- Be a leader in the team by being a technical resource or mentor for Data Scientists on areas of machine learning, statistics, and software engineering.
- Leverage large datasets to develop machine learning and statistical models that can differentiate between normal and attack behaviours.
- Drive exploratory and feature projects to bring machine learning and AI approaches to areas such as user-interfaces and detection prioritisation.
- Own the prototyping, development, and testing of complex algorithms that implement these models and provide customers with real-time visibility.
- Present key findings to business leaders from exploratory and feature project work.
- Collaborate with Security Research, Data Engineering, and Software Engineering teammates.
- Solid professional experience in Data Science and/or Machine Learning Engineering
- MS/PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics or related discipline
- Hands-on experience with machine learning and statistical techniques
- Intuition for theoretical basis of machine learning methods and techniques
- Strong experience with Python and object-oriented programming
- Ability to work with datasets using SQL or other libraries (pandas, numpy, etc.)
- Familiarity with data structures and algorithms
- Linux and Git proficiency
- Understanding of Reinforcement Learning (RL) and Large Language Model (LLM) techniques and inference
- Experience working in a software development team
- Experience with cloud computing platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.)
- Database experience (SQL or NoSQL variants)
- Familiarity with Spark, Flink, or other distributed computing systems
- Programming experience in C++, Rust, Scala/Java, Go, or other languages
Vectra provides a comprehensive total rewards package that supports the financial, physical, mental and overall health of our employees and their families. Compensation includes competitive base pay, incentive plan eligibility, and participation in the employee equity plan (stock options). Specific benefits offered varies by location, but commonly include health care insurance, income protection / life insurance, access to retirement savings plans, behavioral & emotional wellness services, generous time away from work, and a comprehensive employee recognition program.
Vectra is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.