Senior Legal Counsel
Truework is on a mission to create trust in every financial transaction. This is why we build products that enable businesses and consumers to regain control over how their sensitive financial information is shared online. Our platform empowers lenders to complete employment and income verifications quickly and accurately while enabling organizations to automate the verification process and ensure the privacy of their employees’ personal data. On the consumer side, we are giving employees unprecedented visibility into how their professional information is shared between third parties such as banks, mortgage lenders and employers. We believe increasing data transparency and returning data controls to the consumer are two crucial steps toward improving the health and safety of the internet as we know it.
We are looking for a Senior Legal Counsel to join our team!
As a Senior Legal Counsel at Truework, you will be responsible for leading transactions, identifying advantageous contractual structures, and developing and implementing business-optimizing legal processes. This role will work collaboratively with stakeholders across the entire company to define, oversee, and complete projects that further the corporate and strategic transactional goals and objectives of the business.
At Truework, you would be responsible for:
- Leading all legal aspects of complex commercial transactions, including drafting, reviewing, analyzing, and negotiating various commercial contracts and transactional documents
- Providing guidance and training to business teams across the company on a full range of legal topics, including regulatory, privacy, security, technology, and intellectual property matters
- Developing, implementing, and improving scalable legal processes, including developing and maintaining legal playbooks
- Where required, coordinating and supervising outside counsel for timeliness, cost-effectiveness, and excellence of service and work product
- Other projects based on the needs of a quickly growing company
- This position will collaborate with cross-functional teams including sales, operations, marketing, product, engineering, and finance teams.
What we’re looking for:
- JD and bar admission in good standing
- 8+ years of transactional experience (combination of law firm and in-house preferred)
- Demonstrated experience driving transaction strategy and negotiating complex agreements with customers, partners, suppliers and vendors
- Ability to work independently and respond to shifting priorities with ease
- Demonstrated ability to drive execution in a team environment, integrating legal advice and business knowledge while providing balanced advice regarding risks and benefits
- Prior experience at or with a fast-growth startup technology company and ability to not just survive but thrive in a changing environment
- A customer-centric approach with a focus on business orientation and growth
- Experience working collaboratively with diverse teams to develop solutions in complicated transactions while balancing priorities from multiple partners
- Intellectual curiosity and interest in privacy & the future of responsible information sharing
- Experience at or with a highly regulated company - while subject matter expertise in the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) is not required, someone who is able, eager and willing to dig into regulatory issues will be highly sought out
- Experience in financial services / fintech company a plus, but not required
- Mature judgment, critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Outstanding executive level written and verbal communicator with ability to work seamlessly across the levels of a broad and diverse company.
About your team at Truework and who you will work with:
- Manager: Mikaela Cavalli Rohn, General Counsel
- Team: Allison Allred, Sr. Legal Operations Manager
Our cash compensation for this role is targeted at $178,000 - $233,000 for candidates based at our hubs in New York City & San Francisco. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
| || |
Bring Your TRUE Self to Work.
One of our 4 values at Truework is Valuing Diverse Perspectives, and we are on a mission to create a company that is the right fit for every person inside of it. Diversity and Inclusion are the hard-and-fast principles guiding how we build our teams, cultivate leaders, and create a company where our employees are comfortable bringing their authentic, true selves to work.
Truework is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. As part of our standard hiring process for new employees, employment with Truework will be contingent upon successful completion of a comprehensive background check.