Technical Program Manager II
Posted on Saturday, May 13, 2023
TrueML is a mission-driven financial software company that aims to create better customer experiences for distressed borrowers. Consumers today want personal, digital-first experiences that align with their lifestyles, especially when it comes to managing finances. TrueML’s approach uses machine learning to engage each customer digitally and adjust strategies in real time in response to their interactions.
The TrueML team includes inspired data scientists, financial services industry experts and customer experience fanatics building technology to serve people in a way that recognizes their unique needs and preferences as human beings and endeavoring toward ensuring nobody gets locked out of the financial system.
TrueML is seeking a proactive Technical Program Manager II with a passion for leading client and internal initiatives from concept to launch. This position will report into the Sr. Director of Program & Operations as part of the Program Delivery team, and will collaborate closely with various teams across Product & Technology to deliver company strategic goals. The ideal candidate is an excellent facilitator, with a process improvement mindset, and a positive attitude. We are looking for someone with a strong technical program management background, specifically with a demonstrated ability to coordinate with cross-functional agile teams and deliver complex initiatives.
What You'll Do:
- As a TPM, you’ll be the bridge between various teams in multiple time zones, working closely with people from Product, Engineering, Client Services, and Legal, driving the end-to-end delivery of new initiatives and programs.
- Manage a variety of complex, cross-functional programs and lead planning and execution of high impact programs for assigned teams
- Create and maintain the roadmap for assigned teams, collaborating heavily with the respective Engineering and Product leaders
- Manage team capacity and conduct impact analysis to for requests to shift priority, presenting options against roadmap commitments
- General program management activities including but not limited to:
- Lead Agile/Scrum teams as a coach or scrum master, including Agile ceremonies (stand-ups, sprint planning, retro, etc)
- Build, lead, and supervise progress on release plans across multiple initiatives - prepare the project schedule, define the milestones, develop project plans and playbooks
- Ensure all work is represented in Jira, in alignment with Product & Technology standards
- Track and communicate initiative progress against milestones to stakeholders and leadership
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to supervise dependencies, plan releases, and to resolve blocking issues
- Proactively identify and mitigate program risks, remove blockers, advance progress, and escalate to leadership where appropriate
- Champion operational change and process - exhibit leadership through composure and positive attitude. Influence teammates to adopt change.
- Promote and evolve the company’s processes to enable closer synchronization between Product & Technology and the business
What We're Looking For:
- 2-5 years experience in program management in software development delivery teams
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant experience
- Understanding of software development processes and knowledge of the Agile SDLC process
- Ability to put together release plans for multiple cross functional team releases, identifying and tracking cross team dependencies
- Solid ability to construct release plans where minimal data is available and many assumptions have to be made
- Able to measure convergence on key milestones/launch date with capability of identifying and framing tradeoff options when required and driving timely decisions
- Solid ability to build processes and implement new process optimizations while delivering program commitments in parallel
- Broad domain knowledge of product and technology with solid understanding of system integration across product ecosystem
- Ability to navigate contending product and technical priorities while identifying options and trade-offs as needed
- Able to identifying areas of risk and mitigation options
- Ability to collaborate and coordinate with multiple team members to clearly define outcomes, create plans, qualify success, and mitigate risks
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- An ability adapt quickly to changes in business requirements and work in an agile environment
- Succinct, clear verbal and written communication with the ability to effectively communicate technical information to non-technical audiences
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Possesses strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to lead multiple large cross functional programs and releases
- Able to provide thought leadership and persuade teams to follow proposed guidance
- Experience working across multiple time zones is preferred
- Scrum Master Certification or Agile PMI-ACP or PMP Certification a plus
Benefits, Perks, and Culture
- Everything you need to work remotely
- Unlimited PTO
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- 401k through Charles Schwab with employer contribution matches
- Flexible Spending Account & Limited FSA
- Short + long term disability, company paid life insurance
- Family-friendly maternity and paternity leave
- Employee assistance program (EAP) via Claremont. Get free short-term counseling for mental health, free + discounted legal consultations, free financial consultations, access to work/life consultants, and more!
- Wellness Coach for you and 5 family members. Wellness Coach gives all TrueML employees access to 3000+ on-demand sessions about meditations, fitness, nutrition, and more!
- PerkSpot discount program. PerkSpot offers exclusive discounts to 900+ merchants nationwide, and has exclusive discounts up to 60% on hotels worldwide.
- Paid time off to do volunteer work in your community.
We are a dynamic group of people who are subject matter experts with a passion for change. Our teams are crafting solutions to big problems every day. If you’re looking for an opportunity to do impactful work, join TrueAccord and make a difference.
Our Dedication to Diversity & Inclusion
TrueML and TrueAccord are equal opportunity employers. We promote, value, and thrive with a diverse & inclusive team. Different perspectives contribute to better solutions and this makes us stronger every day. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See more open positions at TrueAccord
Something looks off?