Software Engineering, Other Engineering
New York, USA
Posted on Tuesday, January 9, 2024
Traba’s mission is to empower businesses and workers to reach their full productivity and potential. Traba is a technology company that is revolutionizing the broken staffing industry through a marketplace that connects light industrial businesses with reliable talent while providing workers with flexible and meaningful opportunities. By connecting both, new levels of productivity, earning potential, and avenues for growth are unlocked. We’re proud to be backed by the world’s best investors, such as Founders Fund, Khosla Ventures, and General Catalyst.
We are seeking an experienced engineering manager to join our founding team to lead the development of our products & platform. You will be the first manager on the Engineering team, and be the right hand to our CTO, making key architectural & product decisions and driving the technical vision and execution of your team.
- Proven leader. You have led teams to success through both good times and hard times, and have the lessons to show for it. You coach your team to compress timelines, iterating & improving at warp speed.
- Technical expert. You lead from the front, having deep expertise in developing APIs, data modeling, & deploying & scaling distributed systems.
- Customer obsessed. You understand that driving customer delight lies at the core of everything we do, and bring a customer-focused approach to building products and services.
- Value clear communication. You recognize the importance of clear communication, documented planning, and transparent, frequent feedback.
- Lead, hire, mentor, and retain a team of extremely high performing engineers
- Architect and lead the development of our applications, APIs, and distributed systems
- Own architecture decisions for our tech platform and advise key product & infrastructure decisions, thinking ahead for what the company and engineering team will need a year or two from now
- Be hands-on keyboard building alongside the team 15-20% of the time, delving into our systems and lending expertise to others through your experience as well as understanding of the codebase
- Own analytics, monitoring, and logging infrastructure to help the team better understand user experience and application health
- Collaborate with leaders and cross-functional teams across Product, Design, Sales, Marketing & Operations to drive a best-in-class service & product experience
- Contribute in a ton of other ways to a scrappy founding team building the future of flexible light industrial staffing!
- 3+ years of experience managing high performing software engineering teams
- 7+ years of proven software engineering experience building scalable, robust production solutions
- A track record of shipping amazing products and leading projects at scale with high velocity
- Experience with distributed systems, API design, Node.js, PostgreSQL, Redis, RabbitMQ, GCP or equivalents
- Excellent communication skills and analytical ability to drive impactful decisions
- Experience working in an early-stage engineering team, working through ambiguity in a fast-paced environment and being a self-starter
- A passion for helping people find meaningful work that works for them
- 100% healthcare, dental, and vision
- Early Equity in Traba
- Competitive Salary
- Dinner is provided at the office via Grubhub
- Fully-equipped snack bar
- Additional: One Medical Membership, Gympass, HSA via Optum, Talkspace, HealthAdvocate, Teledoc Health
Dream BIG - We are on a path to change the world for the better. We create and communicate a bold direction that inspires a life-changing vision. We don’t sacrifice long-term value for short-term results.
Olympian’s Work Ethic - Changing the world never comes easy. We work harder, longer, and smarter, not just two out of three. We put everything we have on the field.
Growth Mindset - We confront the toughest challenges head-on and persevere. Sometimes we fail, but we brush ourselves off, adapt, learn, and push forward with resilience.
Customer Obsession - We go the extra mile for our workers and businesses. We remain focused on delivering high-quality products and services that solve these often overlooked communities’ problems.
What is light industrial labor?
Light industrial flexible staffing is a $40B labor market that encompasses entry-level jobs in warehouses & distribution centers. These workers pack boxes, load trucks, and manage warehouse operations to keep supply chains running at peak efficiency.