Lead Product Designer
New York, USA
Posted on Thursday, December 14, 2023
Traba’s mission is to empower businesses and workers to reach their full productivity and potential. Traba is a technology company that is revolutionizing the broken staffing industry through a marketplace that connects light industrial businesses with reliable talent while providing workers with flexible and meaningful opportunities. By connecting both, new levels of productivity, earning potential, and avenues for growth are unlocked. We’re proud to be backed by the world’s best investors, such as Founders Fund, Khosla Ventures, and General Catalyst.
We are seeking a passionate, entrepreneurial product designer to be involved in our full product development process, from feature inception to launch, for our worker, business, and internal team products. You will work end to end on the design system, and will partner closely with our CEO, CTO, and first designer to bring the product vision to life, using your product, visual, and experience design skills to drive an intuitive and engaging user experience.
- User-obsessed. You keep the user experience and journey central in your design thinking process, and spend as much time thinking about “why” as you do “how.”
- High level of craft. You have excellent craft and attention to detail, understanding how small nuances interact to create a seamless, intuitive design.
- Systems thinking. As a Senior Designer, you’ll continue to build the foundation for our design systems and patterns, laying the tools and processes in place for our future design team.
- Collaborative. You’ll work closely with our engineering and operations teams, as well as our users, to help define our product roadmap and contribute to our growth through experimentation and optimization.
- Adaptable. You’re adaptable to a fast-paced, changing environment. You embrace iteration and work with pace, bringing vision and direction in the midst of ambiguity.
- Architect and own the design systems, visual identity, and user-experience from the ground-up to scale with our product and team.
- Build pixel-perfect designs for new features across our business-facing web app, worker-facing native app, and internal tools apps.
- Deeply understand and serve the needs of both our business customers and our workers, building a cohesive system that delivers value to both sides of our marketplace.
- Partner with our users to test concepts and synthesize feedback for our product & engineering team.
- Lead design reviews and share your work with leadership and relevant stakeholders.
- 5+ years of experience in UX/UI Design for digital products, with a strong portfolio of work showcasing your design skills and experience
- Proficiency in design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, and InVision
- Experience with conducting user research, testing, and data analysis to inform design decisions
- Experience collaborating across cross-functional teams and effectively communicating your process and design to cross-team stakeholders outside of design
- Excellent visual design in combination with intuitive, interactive design
- Evidence of shipping features and user experiences that have moved the needle
- Experience designing products for a two-sided marketplace is a plus
- 100% paid healthcare, dental, and vision
- Early Equity in Traba
- Competitive Salary
- Dinner is provided at the office via Grubhub
- Fully-equipped snack bar
- Additional: One Medical Membership, Gympass, HSA via Optum, Talkspace, HealthAdvocate, Teledoc Health
Dream BIG - We are on a path to change the world for the better. We create and communicate a bold direction that inspires a life-changing vision. We don’t sacrifice long-term value for short-term results.
Olympian’s Work Ethic - Changing the world never comes easy. We work harder, longer, and smarter, not just two out of three. We put everything we have on the field.
Growth Mindset - We confront the toughest challenges head-on and persevere. Sometimes we fail, but we brush ourselves off, adapt, learn, and push forward with resilience.
Customer Obsession - We go the extra mile for our workers and businesses. We remain focused on delivering high-quality products and services that solve these often overlooked communities’ problems.
What is light industrial labor?
Light industrial flexible staffing is a $40B labor market that encompasses entry-level jobs in warehouses & distribution centers. These workers pack boxes, load trucks, and manage warehouse operations to keep supply chains running at peak efficiency.