Market Operations Associate
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Thursday, October 12, 2023
Traba’s mission is to empower businesses and workers to reach their full productivity and potential. Traba is a technology company that is revolutionizing the broken staffing industry through a marketplace that connects light industrial businesses with reliable talent while providing workers with flexible and meaningful opportunities. By connecting both, new levels of productivity, earning potential, and avenues for growth are unlocked. We’re proud to be backed by the world’s best investors, such as Founders Fund, Khosla Ventures, and General Catalyst.
We are seeking an experienced & entrepreneurial rockstar to run our two-sided labor marketplace in one of our markets. You'll be a key member of our Market Operations team.
As a Market Operations Manager, you will work closely with our customers and workers. You'll wear multiple hats to ensure the success of your market in terms of growth, marketplace health, and profitability and you'll be a cross-functional influential partner to the many teams that are critical to the successful execution of your plan, including Sales, Central Operations, Tech, Product, Marketing and more!
What You'll Do:
- Manage a portfolio of clients, overseeing financial performance and operations in your market.
- Develop tools, analytics, and reports to extract insights and advise cross-functional teams.
- Drive operational excellence by addressing bottlenecks, optimizing processes, and balancing supply and demand.
- Become a trusted expert in staffing, logistics, supply chain, distribution, and manufacturing to enhance client operations.
- Stay updated on industry trends at the local level, analyzing opportunities and threats and sharing market intelligence.
- Handle various operational tasks, including resolving worker payment issues and supporting WMS implementation at a 3PL.
- Enhance client satisfaction to boost retention, referrals, and market share.
- Collaborate with regional and cross-functional teams to execute growth and optimization initiatives.
- Maintain communication with a wide range of stakeholders.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, engineering, or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years in dynamic roles like consulting, investment banking, or territory management.
- Proven experience in customer-facing positions, building lasting client relationships.
- Exceptional communication skills and an ability to thrive under pressure.
- Track record of influencing cross-functional teams and data-driven decision-making.
- Strong attention to detail coupled with rapid execution.
- Thrives in fast-paced, dynamic environments.
- Excellent organization, time management, and prioritization skills.
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
- Familiarity with SQL and no-code tools like Retool is a bonus.
- 100% healthcare, dental, and vision
- Early Equity in Traba
- Competitive Salary
- Dinner is provided at the office via Grubhub
- Fully-equipped snack bar
- Additional: One Medical Membership, Gympass, HSA via Optum, Talkspace, HealthAdvocate, Teledoc Health
Dream BIG - We are on a path to change the world for the better. We create and communicate a bold direction that inspires a life-changing vision. We don’t sacrifice long-term value for short-term results.
Olympian’s Work Ethic - Changing the world never comes easy. We work harder, longer, and smarter, not just two out of three. We put everything we have on the field.
Growth Mindset - We confront the toughest challenges head-on and persevere. Sometimes we fail, but we brush ourselves off, adapt, learn, and push forward with resilience.
Customer Obsession - We go the extra mile for our workers and businesses. We remain focused on delivering high-quality products and services that solve these often overlooked communities’ problems.
What is light industrial labor?
Light industrial flexible staffing is a $40B labor market that encompasses entry-level jobs in warehouses & distribution centers. These workers pack boxes, load trucks, and manage warehouse operations to keep supply chains running at peak efficiency.