Finance & Analytics
Accounting & Finance, Data Science
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Saturday, September 2, 2023
Traba’s mission is to empower businesses and workers to reach their full productivity and potential. Traba is a technology company that is revolutionizing the broken staffing industry through a marketplace that connects light industrial businesses with reliable talent while providing workers with flexible and meaningful opportunities. By connecting both, new levels of productivity, earning potential, and avenues for growth are unlocked. We’re proud to be backed by the world’s best investors, such as Founders Fund, Khosla Ventures, and General Catalyst.
We are seeking an experienced & entrepreneurial rockstar to join the Finance & Analytics team to help build & run our two-sided labor marketplace. You'll be the first hire on this team and a strategic partner to our Head of Finance to support the growth and optimization of Traba.
What You'll Do:
Strategic right-hand to the Head of Finance:
- Build tools and provide geo insights, analysis, and reporting structures to surface insights and recommend strategies and initiatives to the executive team
- Engage in preparing materials to be shared externally, including investor decks, financial models, and KPIs
- Program manage and work with cross-functional teams to execute high-priority, needle-moving growth, and optimization initiatives
- Build robust frameworks to help optimize a two-side marketplace in terms of acquisition, conversion, and retention, and work cross-functionally across marketing and operations teams to drive decisions and initiatives
- Work closely with the operations team to understand the needs and requirements of businesses and how to drive results with the highest return on investment most effectively
- Work closely with the operations and tech team to improve the invoicing and accounts receivable process
- Collaborate with key stakeholders in developing targets for the company and by function
- Create and maintain internal financial models (3 statements) to be reviewed on a monthly basis
- Model the key opportunities, risks, and costs associated with the business model and plan
- Understand unit economics, competitive influences, and what drives growth
- Build up the infrastructure so that Traba is a good place to scale finance and analytics while working quickly and thinking for the long-term
Leverage data-driven insights
Scale our Financial Infrastructure
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in quantitative fields such as Finance, Economics, Physical Sciences, Math, Statistics, Engineering
- 3+ years of experience in Statistical model building, SQL/R/Python querying, and business analysis
- Analysis: Identify business challenges and opportunities for improvement and solve them using analysis to make strategic or tactical recommendations
- Grit and willingness to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on; you persevere when others fall away
- Data-driven decision mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking
- A self-starter with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment
- Excellent organization, time management, and prioritization skills; proven ability to balance multiple critical tasks and consistently deliver against demanding deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and discover opportunities for improvement proactivelyComfortable working in a fast-paced and fluid environment where you’ll often wear multiple hats
- 100% healthcare, dental, and vision
- Early Equity in Traba
- Competitive Salary
- Dinner provided at the office via Grubhub
- Fully-equipped snack bar
Dream BIG - We are on a path to change the world for the better. We create and communicate a bold direction that inspires a life-changing vision. We don’t sacrifice long-term value for short-term results.
Olympian’s Work Ethic - Changing the world never comes easy. We work harder, longer, and smarter, not just two out of three. We put everything we have on the field.
Growth Mindset - We confront the toughest challenges head-on and persevere. Sometimes we fail, but we brush ourselves off, adapt, learn, and push forward with resilience.
Customer Obsession - We go the extra mile for our workers and businesses. We remain focused on delivering high-quality products and services that solve these often overlooked communities’ problems.
What is light industrial labor?
Light industrial flexible staffing is a $40B labor market that encompasses entry-level jobs in warehouses & distribution centers. These workers pack boxes, load trucks, and manage warehouse operations to keep supply chains running at peak efficiency.