Head of Product
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Sunday, March 26, 2023
Traba’s mission is to empower businesses and workers to reach their full productivity and potential. Traba is a technology company that is revolutionizing the broken staffing industry through a marketplace that connects light industrial businesses with reliable talent while providing workers with flexible and meaningful opportunities. By connecting both, new levels of productivity, earning potential, and avenues for growth are unlocked. We’re proud to be backed by the world’s best investors, such as Founders Fund, Khosla Ventures, and General Catalyst.
We are seeking an entrepreneurial founding Head of Product to join the executive leadership team, reporting to CTO Akshay Buddiga. Here you will be responsible for leading and growing Traba’s product organization. This will include owning all aspects of the product roadmap & priorities, from feature inception to launch, for our worker, business, and internal team products. You will partner closely with our CEO & CTO and develop a deep understanding of our customers and workers to bring our product vision into reality.
Traba is currently Series A, post-product market fit, and has raised 43.6M. They are located out of NYC and Miami. The team is currently 40 people, and for this Head of Product role we are looking for a leader that can be both initially hands-on and scale product leadership teams with the company as it grows rapidly over time. Traba has 5x YoY net revenue growth and has 61% contribution margins across the company.
- Deep user empathy. You work to deeply understand our customers & workers and envision simple, elegant product solutions to serve their needs.
- Analytical thinking combined with product instinct. You assimilate data and a strong product sense to drive better decision-making, and spend as much time thinking about “why” as you do “how.”
- Leader. You inspire and motivate your team to deliver a magical experience for users and compress timelines to keep your team iterating & improving at warp speed.
- Exceptional communicator. You communicate seamlessly with internal stakeholders to keep teams aligned and in sync, and with external partners to maximize the value of our services.
- Entrepreneurial. You’re obsessed with innovating a product in the 0 to 1 phase to delight customers.
- Drive the product vision, strategy, and goal-setting process to foster the growth of the product at Traba.
- Deliver on the multi-year product roadmap across three main products (business, worker, internal tools), synthesizing feedback and data from customers, cross-team stakeholders, and analytics to achieve our product goals.
- Own user research, partnering with design & engineering to deeply understand our customers: warehouse managers, HR directors, workers.
- Communicate across teams from sales to ops to engineering to ensure the customer's voice is heard and ensure alignment across the organization.
- Build, lead, manage and develop a best in class product team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field or equivalent work experience
- At least 4 years of management product leadership experience
- Experience conducting user research using a variety of methods such as surveys, interviews, and usability testing
- Ability to run SQL queries to analyze user data and identify trends and insights
- Experience creating wireframes and workflow diagrams using tools such as Sketch, Figma, or Adobe XD
- Strong design sense and ability to work closely with designers to build high-quality products
- Product leadership experience for a two-sided software marketplace is a plus
- Founding Equity in Traba
- 100% healthcare, dental, and vision
- Dinner provided in office!
- Fully stocked kitchens
- Health Advocate coverage, Gympass, OneMedical, Teladoc Virtual, TalkSpace Mental Health Therapy
- This role will be located in NYC along with the rest of the technical Traba team. Traba believes in-person work culture and does not hire remotely.
Dream BIG - We are on a path to change the world for the better. We create and communicate a bold direction that inspires a life-changing vision. We don’t sacrifice long-term value for short-term results.
Olympian’s Work Ethic - Changing the world never comes easy. We work harder, longer, and smarter, not just two out of three. We put everything we have on the field.
Growth Mindset - We confront the toughest challenges head-on and persevere. Sometimes we fail, but we brush ourselves off, adapt, learn, and push forward with resilience.
Customer Obsession - We go the extra mile for our workers and businesses. We remain focused on delivering high-quality products and services that solve these often overlooked communities’ problems.
What is light industrial labor?
Light industrial flexible staffing is a $40B labor market that encompasses entry-level jobs in warehouses & distribution centers. These workers pack boxes, load trucks, and manage warehouse operations to keep supply chains running at peak efficiency.