Senior Staff Cloud Infrastructure
What is the role?
ThoughtSpot is seeking to hire a Senior Staff development engineer in the Cloud Infrastructure team. In this role, you will be responsible for the architecture, development, and deployment/operations of our Cloud native control plane and data plane across a multi-cloud environment (spread in AWS/GCP/Azure) to host our BI application and run customer and internal workloads.
What you'll do:
- Imagine, architect, develop, deploy, and evolve our customer and development Infrastructure across a multi-cloud hybrid environment.
- Lead a team of developers through architecture and code reviews and mindshare on the best-of-the-breed technologies and practices in the field of cloud-native software development.
- Provide infrastructure as a platform for hosting our app through an array of microservices and also provide a range of hybrid cloud infrastructure services, spanning across various platforms (Kubernetes/Docker, Virtual machines) deployed to multiple environments (AWS/GCP/Azure).
- Provide infrastructure tools and automation as a service for customer and SDLC workflows.
- Integrate a host of open source technologies and tools along with custom architected modules to build our infrastructure stack.
- Build state of art visibility, metrics, monitoring, alerting, and tracing systems for a multi cloud SaaS service, and hybrid cloud infrastructure.
- Ensure Compute/Networking/Storage and Security best principles and practices while building a highly available, reliable, secure and cost efficient cloud infrastructure.
Example upcoming projects:
- Migrating AWS ECS Fargate and our remaining monolithic (VM based) applications to our modern multi-cloud kubernetes platform.
- Advancing our internal Golang/Terraform deployment CRDs.
- Adding Azure as a supported cloud for our SaaS offering.
- Building out a customer-facing multi-cloud operations portal (single pane of glass).
What you bring:
- Deep rooted experience in engineering infrastructure development with the latest cloud-native technologies like containers (Docker) and Kubernetes in a hybrid Cloud environment.
- Expertise in delivering Infrastructure as Code ( e.g. Terraform, ansible, cloud formation) in Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery/Deployment in a multi cloud environment.
- Familiarity with development and integration using cloud native DevSecOps tools and processes.
- Expert level hands-on development using Go(preferred), Java or Python, along with Database skills in MongoDB, NoSQL, Cassandra, Postgres etc.
- Expertise in the latest technologies like EFK stack, Kafka, Prometheus to build monitoring/logging/tracing/alerting framework and smart apps for no-low touch operations for our infrastructure and services.
- Expertise in distributed systems, linux systems, cloud compute/networking, and distributed storage, to operate, debug and optimize the core engines of our infrastructure.
- Previous experience in developing single pane of glass type applications as an operations portal for SDLC infrastructure and service delivery is a bonus.
- 10+ years of experience in the IT industry, with at least a recent 5 years in a similar role.
- Must have previously built infrastructure, in a successful enterprise SaaS product, in a hybrid/public cloud environment.
What you will get
- A front row seat in delivering cutting edge BI applications across almost all industry segments.
- A chance to build a stellar multi-cloud SaaS environment by leading/driving an application Cloud Infrastructure based architecture transformation.
What makes ThoughtSpot a great place to work?
ThoughtSpot is the experience layer of the modern data stack, leading the industry with our AI-Powered Analytics and natural language search. We hire people with unique identities, backgrounds, and perspectives—this balance-for-the-better philosophy is key to our success. When paired with our culture of Selfless Excellence and our drive for continuous improvement (2% done), ThoughtSpot cultivates a respectful culture that pushes norms to create world-class products. If you’re excited by the opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds in the business and make your mark on a truly innovative company, we invite you to read more about our mission, and apply to the role that’s right for you.
ThoughtSpot for All
Building a diverse and inclusive team isn't just the right thing to do for our people, it's the right thing to do for our business. We know we can’t solve complex data problems with a single perspective. It takes many voices, experiences, and areas of expertise to deliver the innovative solutions our customers need. At ThoughtSpot, we continually celebrate the diverse communities that individuals cultivate to empower every Spotter to bring their whole authentic self to work.
We’re committed to being real and continuously learning when it comes to equality, equity, and creating space for underrepresented groups to thrive.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
The world’s most innovative companies use AI-Powered Analytics from ThoughtSpot to empower every person in their organization, from C-suite executive to frontline employee, with the ability to ask and answer data questions, create and interact with data-driven insights, and use these insights to make informed decisions and take action. ThoughtSpot is simple enough for any business person to use, yet built to handle even the largest, most complex data, wherever it may reside. That’s why customers like T-Mobile, BT, Snowflake, HubSpot, Exxon, Daimler, Medtronic, Hulu, Nasdaq, OpenTable, Huel, and Nationwide Building Society have turned to ThoughtSpot to transform their data driven decision-making cultures.
- You have read and understood the Candidate Privacy Notice (“Notice”) and acknowledge the collection, processing, use and disclosure of your personal information as set out in the Notice.
- You are not required to provide any requested information to us, but failure to do so may result in not being able to continue your candidacy for a job with us.
- The information you give us is true and correct to the best of your knowledge and belief, and you have not knowingly omitted any related unfavorable information. Providing any inaccurate or misleading information may make you ineligible for employment.
To all recruitment agencies: ThoughtSpot does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ThoughtSpot employees, or any other organization location. ThoughtSpot nor its employees are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.