What is the role:
The VP of Finance will play a key leadership role and report directly to the CFO. The ideal candidate will possess proven financial acumen, strategic thinking, strong leadership skills, and the ability to drive financial initiatives that support the company's growth and profitability goals. The VP of Finance & Strategy will oversee and manage financial planning and operations, lead the FP&A function, be a trusted partner to the global leadership team on all financial activities, improve operational metrics and establish business processes that improve transparency and drive accountability. This individual will also play a leadership role on capital raising including an eventual IPO, and should be able to interact with our board of directors on financial matters.
What you'll do:
- Instrumentation: Define, report on and influence through the underlying operating levers that drive our performance. Eg, what are the operating metrics that ultimately will shift NRR, ARR growth, Rep Productivity - own them and partner with GTM Ops and the broader leadership team in a way that creates outcomes for our business.
- Storytelling. Be able to deliver a presentation with investors, a board audit committee or company that weaves both a financial and business narrative. Be curious about understanding our product so that you can tell a comprehensive story about our business.
- Annual Plan. Create the framework and define the big rocks and the key performance outcomes for the annual plan. Be able to engage with and influence the management team to help prioritize initiatives and investments, growth targets, opex efficiency and capital allocation.
- Business Reporting. Partner with Controllership organization to provide detailed monthly, quarterly and annual finance results with a narrative on key performance trends, risks and opportunities.
- Business Partnership. Be a business partner and lead a team that helps our GTM/R&D/Marketing teams have visibility on their business and be a trusted advisor on how to drive performance improvement; new greenfield investments; or decisions that impact our cost structure. Guard our cash burn/P&L but have empathy to help solve business problems.
- Leadership. Proven ability to attract talent and build high-performing teams across corporate FP&A, corporate systems and strategic business partner roles.
- Systems. Build operations that can scale. Leverage modern FP&A platforms, experiment with AI to give us the ability to build a world-class finance team. This includes using ThoughtSpot to help run your function and becoming a face of the company with CFO customer prospects.
- IR: Understand how to interface with public investors across the lifecycle - annual guidance, quarterly earnings and guidance, investor bus tours and conferences. Have the aptitude to weave our financial performance with a broader strategic narrative that helps create shareholder value. Have the aptitude and presence to engage with our board of directors.
- General Athlete: Building a company means wearing more than one hat. Have the intellectual capacity and get-stuff done attitude to dive in to help tangential areas, such as equity planning, M&A and customer pitches for a finance audience.
What you bring:
- 12+ years of strategic finance experience (including operating experience at a well-established SaaS or other high-growth technology startup or company). Prior experience in private equity or investment banking is highly desired.
- Prior experience in a public company as a senior financial leader (Director+) with familiarity with a public company reporting cadence.
- A proven leader with experience managing large and diverse teams with multiple direct reports covering different areas of business
- Experience distilling complex ideas and financial models into actionable recommendations, enhancing communication across the organization
- Capable of setting and owning annual plan and our operating budget,, balancing competing priorities and interfacing with senior leadership
- Able to collaborate with cross-functional partners at all levels in a fast-paced environment, leveraging your ability to influence and drive decision making
- Extensive B2B SaaS experience highly desired, especially working with Sales teams and experience with administration of commission plans and working with Sales deal desk as the voice of finance for deal approvals
- Excellence in financial modeling and analytics and familiarity with FP&A platforms such as Adaptive Planning.
- Strong quantitative, organizational and communications skills
- Unquestionable integrity
What makes ThoughtSpot a great place to work?
ThoughtSpot is the experience layer of the modern data stack, leading the industry with our AI-Powered Analytics and natural language search. We hire people with unique identities, backgrounds, and perspectives—this balance-for-the-better philosophy is key to our success. When paired with our culture of Selfless Excellence and our drive for continuous improvement (2% done), ThoughtSpot cultivates a respectful culture that pushes norms to create world-class products. If you’re excited by the opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds in the business and make your mark on a truly innovative company, we invite you to read more about our mission, and apply to the role that’s right for you.
ThoughtSpot for All
Building a diverse and inclusive team isn't just the right thing to do for our people, it's the right thing to do for our business. We know we can’t solve complex data problems with a single perspective. It takes many voices, experiences, and areas of expertise to deliver the innovative solutions our customers need. At ThoughtSpot, we continually celebrate the diverse communities that individuals cultivate to empower every Spotter to bring their whole authentic self to work.
We’re committed to being real and continuously learning when it comes to equality, equity, and creating space for underrepresented groups to thrive.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
The world’s most innovative companies use AI-Powered Analytics from ThoughtSpot to empower every person in their organization, from C-suite executive to frontline employee, with the ability to ask and answer data questions, create and interact with data-driven insights, and use these insights to make informed decisions and take action. ThoughtSpot is simple enough for any business person to use, yet built to handle even the largest, most complex data, wherever it may reside. That’s why customers like T-Mobile, BT, Snowflake, HubSpot, Exxon, Daimler, Medtronic, Hulu, Nasdaq, OpenTable, Huel, and Nationwide Building Society have turned to ThoughtSpot to transform their data driven decision-making cultures.
- You have read and understood the Candidate Privacy Notice (“Notice”) and acknowledge the collection, processing, use and disclosure of your personal information as set out in the Notice.
- You are not required to provide any requested information to us, but failure to do so may result in not being able to continue your candidacy for a job with us.
- The information you give us is true and correct to the best of your knowledge and belief, and you have not knowingly omitted any related unfavorable information. Providing any inaccurate or misleading information may make you ineligible for employment.
To all recruitment agencies: ThoughtSpot does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ThoughtSpot employees, or any other organization location. ThoughtSpot nor its employees are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.