Senior Member of Technical Staff (Backend) SQL IDE & Notebooks
ThoughtSpot is changing how organizations make decisions by equipping every single person with the power to collaborate on analytics and share insights at the pace of work today. We're building the most advanced web-based environment for creating, sharing, and discussing ad-hoc analysis using a variety of technologies. We have a rapidly expanding list of happy customers who love our product and we're growing to serve even more.Our Platform team is building the Notebooks and IDE Experience for our customers to explore and work with large scale and real-time data for data teams to build models, analysis and storytelling in Mode & ThoughtSpot!
As a Senior Back-End Engineer, you'll work closely with other engineers, PM's, and designers to build impactful applications that our customers will love.
- Work closely with customers and solutions engineers to understand pain points and issues
- Research, architect and build bespoke solutions to solve our customers needs
- Serve as a technical SME for our solutions team and review/approve proposed architectures
- Investigate and correct escalated customer issues and bugs
- Provide ongoing training to our solutions and support engineers
- Provide a consistent feedback loop to product to help understand our customers challenges and solutions
Technical Stack :
- Java 8+, Golang, Ruby on Rails
- Infrastructure and orchestration: Terraform, Docker
- A wide array of AWS services including EC2, S3, RDS, DynamoDB, ECR, ECS, Fargate
- Monitoring and observability: Honeycomb, Wavefront, Sumologic, Bugsnag
- GitHub, Circle CI
- Fluency in Java 8+.
- Familiarity with SQL.
- Familiarity with the current Notebooks competitive landscape
- Comfortable working with data in an interactive Python environment
- Product management experience with user-facing web applications
- Familiarity with building high performance and scalable software in an internet scale distributed cloud environment.
- Interest in creating well thought out infrastructure and APIs.
- Experience with public clouds (AWS, Azure, GCP) is a plus
- A growth mindset and excitement about breaking the status quo by seeking innovative solutions.
- Great communication skills, both verbal and written, and an interest in working with a diverse set of peers and customers.
- Alignment withThoughtSpot's values
What makes ThoughtSpot a great place to work?
ThoughtSpot is the experience layer of the modern data stack, leading the industry with our AI-Powered Analytics and natural language search. We hire people with unique identities, backgrounds, and perspectives—this balance-for-the-better philosophy is key to our success. When paired with our culture of Selfless Excellence and our drive for continuous improvement (2% done), ThoughtSpot cultivates a respectful culture that pushes norms to create world-class products. If you’re excited by the opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds in the business and make your mark on a truly innovative company, we invite you to read more about our mission, and apply to the role that’s right for you.
ThoughtSpot for All
Building a diverse and inclusive team isn't just the right thing to do for our people, it's the right thing to do for our business. We know we can’t solve complex data problems with a single perspective. It takes many voices, experiences, and areas of expertise to deliver the innovative solutions our customers need. At ThoughtSpot, we continually celebrate the diverse communities that individuals cultivate to empower every Spotter to bring their whole authentic self to work.
We’re committed to being real and continuously learning when it comes to equality, equity, and creating space for underrepresented groups to thrive.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
The world’s most innovative companies use AI-Powered Analytics from ThoughtSpot to empower every person in their organization, from C-suite executive to frontline employee, with the ability to ask and answer data questions, create and interact with data-driven insights, and use these insights to make informed decisions and take action. ThoughtSpot is simple enough for any business person to use, yet built to handle even the largest, most complex data, wherever it may reside. That’s why customers like T-Mobile, BT, Snowflake, HubSpot, Exxon, Daimler, Medtronic, Hulu, Nasdaq, OpenTable, Huel, and Nationwide Building Society have turned to ThoughtSpot to transform their data driven decision-making cultures.
- You have read and understood the Candidate Privacy Notice (“Notice”) and acknowledge the collection, processing, use and disclosure of your personal information as set out in the Notice.
- You are not required to provide any requested information to us, but failure to do so may result in not being able to continue your candidacy for a job with us.
- The information you give us is true and correct to the best of your knowledge and belief, and you have not knowingly omitted any related unfavorable information. Providing any inaccurate or misleading information may make you ineligible for employment.
To all recruitment agencies: ThoughtSpot does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ThoughtSpot employees, or any other organization location. ThoughtSpot nor its employees are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.