About The Role:
Come join a team of world-class engineers building ThoughtSpot’s relational search engine. We are looking for engineers with a proven track record of being industry visionaries to join the team responsible for building ThoughtSpot’s natural language relational search engine, personalised data exploration engine, universal object search engine, AI powered ranking and relevance engine, distributed in-memory search indexing infrastructure and much more.
What You'll Do:
- Architect and develop systems, methodology, novel architectures, and benchmarks powering ThoughtSpot’s search engine.
- Provides guidance in the investigation and solution of complex problems affecting overall system architecture of projects.
- Work with diverse, cross-functional teams of designers, UX researchers, engineers, product managers in a fast, collaborative process.
- Drive Internal/external visibility for ThoughtSpot through panels, patents, papers, talks, blog posts, and open source.
- Provide technical leadership and mentor and grow people in your team to be more productive and grow as engineers.
If you are looking to solve hard problems, work with amazing people, and have fun while building the future of analytics - this role is for you!!!
What You'll Bring:
- Technical - You love technology. You love to discuss it, build it, use it, leverage it, and stay abreast of the latest developments.
- Problem Solver - You are inspirational in problem-solving, algorithmic thinking, and programming skills along with computer science fundamentals.
- 4+ years of experience crafting world-class products & experiences.
- Exceptional expertise in Java, distributed systems, personalisation, Recommender Systems and are known for major innovation and creativity in these areas.
- Exceptional expertise in building large systems with high scale and performance.
- Exceptional expertise in designing systems with clean architecture and beautiful code.
- Self-Motivated - You are role model for driving big impact changes in the software and organization through your exceptional skills in spotting and removing big rocks.
- Customer obsessed - You are obsessed with making customers successful. You build software with customers in mind and get satisfaction by having satisfied customers. You go out of your way to help customers be successful.
What makes ThoughtSpot a great place to work?
ThoughtSpot is the experience layer of the modern data stack, leading the industry with our AI-Powered Analytics and natural language search. We hire people with unique identities, backgrounds, and perspectives—this balance-for-the-better philosophy is key to our success. When paired with our culture of Selfless Excellence and our drive for continuous improvement (2% done), ThoughtSpot cultivates a respectful culture that pushes norms to create world-class products. If you’re excited by the opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds in the business and make your mark on a truly innovative company, we invite you to read more about our mission, and apply to the role that’s right for you.
ThoughtSpot for All
Building a diverse and inclusive team isn't just the right thing to do for our people, it's the right thing to do for our business. We know we can’t solve complex data problems with a single perspective. It takes many voices, experiences, and areas of expertise to deliver the innovative solutions our customers need. At ThoughtSpot, we continually celebrate the diverse communities that individuals cultivate to empower every Spotter to bring their whole authentic self to work.
We’re committed to being real and continuously learning when it comes to equality, equity, and creating space for underrepresented groups to thrive.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
The world’s most innovative companies use AI-Powered Analytics from ThoughtSpot to empower every person in their organization, from C-suite executive to frontline employee, with the ability to ask and answer data questions, create and interact with data-driven insights, and use these insights to make informed decisions and take action. ThoughtSpot is simple enough for any business person to use, yet built to handle even the largest, most complex data, wherever it may reside. That’s why customers like T-Mobile, BT, Snowflake, HubSpot, Exxon, Daimler, Medtronic, Hulu, Nasdaq, OpenTable, Huel, and Nationwide Building Society have turned to ThoughtSpot to transform their data driven decision-making cultures.
- You have read and understood the Candidate Privacy Notice (“Notice”) and acknowledge the collection, processing, use and disclosure of your personal information as set out in the Notice.
- You are not required to provide any requested information to us, but failure to do so may result in not being able to continue your candidacy for a job with us.
- The information you give us is true and correct to the best of your knowledge and belief, and you have not knowingly omitted any related unfavorable information. Providing any inaccurate or misleading information may make you ineligible for employment.
To all recruitment agencies: ThoughtSpot does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ThoughtSpot employees, or any other organization location. ThoughtSpot nor its employees are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.