What's the Job:
Do you love crafting perfectly tuned narratives that motivate people and inspire action? Do you love working with reporters and influencers, helping them tell stories about the leaders, companies, and technologies changing the business landscape? Do you approach communications as an integrated function, relishing the opportunity to find the right channel for the right story?
Then the ThoughtSpot brand and communications team is looking for you. Come join our fast growing team and help build the ThoughtSpot story on the global stage. You’ll play a critical role actively managing our PR program and supporting influencer and analyst relations. You’ll report directly to the Director, Communications, with clear ownership of communications programs to shape and amplify ThoughtSpot’s brand to key stakeholders, including new and existing customers, partners, industry analysts, media, influencers, and employees.
The successful candidate will have experience operating in a high-growth environment, implementing best practices, engaging with executives, and delivering communications programs that drive business impact. Self-motivation, attention to detail, and creativity are core. This leader will love working on a truly global scale, managing agency relationships and setting them up for success, while working cross functionally to ensure the right story is told at every juncture.
What You'll Do:
- Lead corporate, product, partnership and customer announcements that result in coverage, from press release development to FAQ to media strategy.
- Manage agency relationships on a global scale.
- Engage industry analysts through briefings, newsletters and events to deepen relationships and their understanding of the business within the market and competitive landscape.
- Collaborate with leaders within marketing, including product marketing, partner marketing, corporate marketing, creative, and demand.
- Become a trusted communications partner and advisor to leadership from product, business development, and sales.
- Tell stories that span leadership, culture, technology trends, data-driven insights and research, and executive perspectives on tech, business and societal trends.
What You'll Bring:
- A minimum of 4 years experience in technology communications, ideally in a high-growth setting
- Strong understanding of the enterprise technology market, with a preference for data and analytics
- Demonstrated ability to drive global announcements and communications activities from start to finish
- Strong project management skills coupled with a strong sense of ownership
- Proven experience building and nurturing relationships with journalists from multiple media segments
- Expertise working with senior executives within and outside of marketing
- Strong partnership skills to lead external agencies to success
- Experience or interest in running a global communications program across dedicated activities spanning North America, EMEA and APJ
- Ability to excel in fast-paced, asynchronous digital work environment
- Ambition with a drive to make a big impact
What makes ThoughtSpot a great place to work?
ThoughtSpot is the experience layer of the modern data stack, leading the industry with our AI-Powered Analytics and natural language search. We hire people with unique identities, backgrounds, and perspectives—this balance-for-the-better philosophy is key to our success. When paired with our culture of Selfless Excellence and our drive for continuous improvement (2% done), ThoughtSpot cultivates a respectful culture that pushes norms to create world-class products. If you’re excited by the opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds in the business and make your mark on a truly innovative company, we invite you to read more about our mission, and apply to the role that’s right for you.
ThoughtSpot for All
Building a diverse and inclusive team isn't just the right thing to do for our people, it's the right thing to do for our business. We know we can’t solve complex data problems with a single perspective. It takes many voices, experiences, and areas of expertise to deliver the innovative solutions our customers need. At ThoughtSpot, we continually celebrate the diverse communities that individuals cultivate to empower every Spotter to bring their whole authentic self to work.
We’re committed to being real and continuously learning when it comes to equality, equity, and creating space for underrepresented groups to thrive.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
The world’s most innovative companies use AI-Powered Analytics from ThoughtSpot to empower every person in their organization, from C-suite executive to frontline employee, with the ability to ask and answer data questions, create and interact with data-driven insights, and use these insights to make informed decisions and take action. ThoughtSpot is simple enough for any business person to use, yet built to handle even the largest, most complex data, wherever it may reside. That’s why customers like T-Mobile, BT, Snowflake, HubSpot, Exxon, Daimler, Medtronic, Hulu, Nasdaq, OpenTable, Huel, and Nationwide Building Society have turned to ThoughtSpot to transform their data driven decision-making cultures.
- You have read and understood the Candidate Privacy Notice (“Notice”) and acknowledge the collection, processing, use and disclosure of your personal information as set out in the Notice.
- You are not required to provide any requested information to us, but failure to do so may result in not being able to continue your candidacy for a job with us.
- The information you give us is true and correct to the best of your knowledge and belief, and you have not knowingly omitted any related unfavorable information. Providing any inaccurate or misleading information may make you ineligible for employment.
To all recruitment agencies: ThoughtSpot does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ThoughtSpot employees, or any other organization location. ThoughtSpot nor its employees are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.