Director, GTM Enablement Strategy and Operations
What is the job?
- Value Selling: Define, implement and manage our value selling methodology so that we consistently position, sell and deliver value and outcomes for our customers.
- Sales Prospecting: Define and implement ThoughtSpot’s sales-sourced prospecting program to include goal setting, playbooks, enablement and success tracking.
- Work closely with SDR leadership to execute a comprehensive plan and to ensure healthy pipeline sufficiency for business goals.
- Sales Leadership Optimization: Create, document and enable sales leaders on consistent management processes, including forecasting, coaching, opportunity inspection, team meetings and QBRs.
- Structure leadership enablement to train new sales leaders on critical leadership skills to help them optimize their team’s engagement and performance.
- Sales and Customer Journey Processes: Create and operationalize processes to bring consistency and excellence to the sales and post sales process to include: clarifying stage activities and exit criteria, solidifying customer journey handshakes, managing opportunities through MEDDPICC and defining a post sales process that leads to customer outcomes and renewal accountability.
- Tools and Technology: In partnership with our BizOps organization, ensure our processes are operationalized in our tools for clear reporting, inspection and process management. Define the playbook for how GTM tools should be used for key processes and enablement programs, and drive enablement support for internal adoption.
- Onboarding and Engagement: Oversee Seller and CSM onboarding to ensure GTM teams ramp quickly and at scale. Create programs (such as CKO) that keep teammates happy, engaged and in-territory to optimize results and create an amazing environment in which to be a seller.
- Skills and Knowledge Training: Oversee curriculum development to ensure sellers and CSMs have the right product knowledge, sales skills and access to information so they can be effective in their roles and consistent in their approach.
- Continuous Improvement: Stay updated with industry trends and best practices in sales trends, process and enablement, driving a culture of continuous improvement and innovation within GTM org.
- Annual Planning: Partner with Sales Operations to run Account planning and Territory Management programs with sales leaders and AEs, ensuring each rep has a plan for the year
- Educational Background: Bachelor's or Master's degree in Business, Marketing, or a related field.
- Experience: Minimum of 8 years of experience in enablement and/or GTM process operations leadership roles, preferably in the SaaS space.
- Direct sales experience is a plus.
- SaaS Knowledge: Strong understanding of the SaaS business model and familiarity with customer success methodologies and best practices.
- Analytical Skills: Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities, with proficiency in data analysis and using insights to drive business decisions.
- Project Management: Demonstrated experience in leading and executing projects from inception to completion, with a focus on process optimization and efficiency.
- Collaborative and Customer-Centric Mindset: Experience building deep cross functional partnerships, getting things done in matrixed organizations and a deep commitment to delivering exceptional customer experiences.
- Communication: Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams and engage with customers.
- Leadership: Proven ability to lead and mentor a team, fostering a positive and performance-driven work culture.
- Startup Mindset: Thrive in a dynamic startup environment, demonstrating adaptability, resilience, and a willingness to take initiative.
What makes ThoughtSpot a great place to work?
ThoughtSpot is the experience layer of the modern data stack, leading the industry with our AI-Powered Analytics and natural language search. We hire people with unique identities, backgrounds, and perspectives—this balance-for-the-better philosophy is key to our success. When paired with our culture of Selfless Excellence and our drive for continuous improvement (2% done), ThoughtSpot cultivates a respectful culture that pushes norms to create world-class products. If you’re excited by the opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds in the business and make your mark on a truly innovative company, we invite you to read more about our mission, and apply to the role that’s right for you.
ThoughtSpot for All
Building a diverse and inclusive team isn't just the right thing to do for our people, it's the right thing to do for our business. We know we can’t solve complex data problems with a single perspective. It takes many voices, experiences, and areas of expertise to deliver the innovative solutions our customers need. At ThoughtSpot, we continually celebrate the diverse communities that individuals cultivate to empower every Spotter to bring their whole authentic self to work.
We’re committed to being real and continuously learning when it comes to equality, equity, and creating space for underrepresented groups to thrive.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
The world’s most innovative companies use AI-Powered Analytics from ThoughtSpot to empower every person in their organization, from C-suite executive to frontline employee, with the ability to ask and answer data questions, create and interact with data-driven insights, and use these insights to make informed decisions and take action. ThoughtSpot is simple enough for any business person to use, yet built to handle even the largest, most complex data, wherever it may reside. That’s why customers like T-Mobile, BT, Snowflake, HubSpot, Exxon, Daimler, Medtronic, Hulu, Nasdaq, OpenTable, Huel, and Nationwide Building Society have turned to ThoughtSpot to transform their data driven decision-making cultures.
- You have read and understood the Candidate Privacy Notice (“Notice”) and acknowledge the collection, processing, use and disclosure of your personal information as set out in the Notice.
- You are not required to provide any requested information to us, but failure to do so may result in not being able to continue your candidacy for a job with us.
- The information you give us is true and correct to the best of your knowledge and belief, and you have not knowingly omitted any related unfavorable information. Providing any inaccurate or misleading information may make you ineligible for employment.
To all recruitment agencies: ThoughtSpot does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ThoughtSpot employees, or any other organization location. ThoughtSpot nor its employees are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.