Senior Product Designer
Design in an integral part of our product vision: we believe in building a team of designers who complement each other, have the desire to deeply understand the people we design for, and the expertise to execute on that understanding. As a Senior Product Designer at Mode, you will partner with your team to drive projects from inception, to launch, to iteration. You will contribute a unique perspective that directly shapes the product and company.
What you'll do
- Collaborate with small product teams to drive solutions from discovery to launch
- Deeply understand the motivations and workflows of our users through research and conversations
- Tell stories through wireframes and sketches of how people will interact with our products and features
- Help inform the product experience from overarching flows down to the micro-interactions
- Contribute to Mode's design system and improve and evolve our visual design language
What we look for
- 6+ years of experience designing web based applications, or 3+ years with a relevant Masters degree
- A degree in Human Computer Interaction, Graphic Design, Cognitive Psychology or other related field
- You have experience with all stages of the user experience design process and are comfortable creating everything from flow diagrams, to wireframes, to high fidelity mocks and prototypes
- Fluency in Figma
- A self-starter that can work independently when needed, but you're also excited to collaborate with other designers, product managers and engineers.
- A steward for design excellence with a high level of craft in both visual and interaction design, and user experience mapping which you demonstrate in a detailed portfolio.
- Experience working within the constraints of a design system. You know when to push for new patterns and when to adjust your designs to work within the existing ecosystem.
- Experience using data to understand the impact of your design decisions.
- Self-directed and know when to embrace ambiguity - you enjoy being in a situation where you don’t know the answer, and are driven to try and figure it out, even if it means failing or asking for help.
Please submit a portfolio with your resume - this can be a link to a website or an attached document, along with a password if necessary.
What makes ThoughtSpot a great place to work?
ThoughtSpot is the experience layer of the modern data stack, leading the industry with our AI-Powered Analytics and natural language search. We hire people with unique identities, backgrounds, and perspectives—this balance-for-the-better philosophy is key to our success. When paired with our culture of Selfless Excellence and our drive for continuous improvement (2% done), ThoughtSpot cultivates a respectful culture that pushes norms to create world-class products. If you’re excited by the opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds in the business and make your mark on a truly innovative company, we invite you to read more about our mission, and apply to the role that’s right for you.
ThoughtSpot for All
Building a diverse and inclusive team isn't just the right thing to do for our people, it's the right thing to do for our business. We know we can’t solve complex data problems with a single perspective. It takes many voices, experiences, and areas of expertise to deliver the innovative solutions our customers need. At ThoughtSpot, we continually celebrate the diverse communities that individuals cultivate to empower every Spotter to bring their whole authentic self to work.
We’re committed to being real and continuously learning when it comes to equality, equity, and creating space for underrepresented groups to thrive.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
The world’s most innovative companies use AI-Powered Analytics from ThoughtSpot to empower every person in their organization, from C-suite executive to frontline employee, with the ability to ask and answer data questions, create and interact with data-driven insights, and use these insights to make informed decisions and take action. ThoughtSpot is simple enough for any business person to use, yet built to handle even the largest, most complex data, wherever it may reside. That’s why customers like T-Mobile, BT, Snowflake, HubSpot, Exxon, Daimler, Medtronic, Hulu, Nasdaq, OpenTable, Huel, and Nationwide Building Society have turned to ThoughtSpot to transform their data driven decision-making cultures.
- You have read and understood the Candidate Privacy Notice (“Notice”) and acknowledge the collection, processing, use and disclosure of your personal information as set out in the Notice.
- You are not required to provide any requested information to us, but failure to do so may result in not being able to continue your candidacy for a job with us.
- The information you give us is true and correct to the best of your knowledge and belief, and you have not knowingly omitted any related unfavorable information. Providing any inaccurate or misleading information may make you ineligible for employment.
To all recruitment agencies: ThoughtSpot does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ThoughtSpot employees, or any other organization location. ThoughtSpot nor its employees are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.