Compensation Business Partner
As the Compensation Business Partner at ThoughtSpot, you will have the opportunity to work across all aspects of compensation programs and provide strategic analysis that helps us make critical decisions on compensation for retaining and attracting talent. Establishing Total Rewards as a key differentiating factor is a key element as part of the transformative journey we are now embarking, and we need a seasoned professional who can help us build in that way. This role blends strong technical compensation experience with a business partner’s mindset.
What you will do:
- Partner with Business Leaders, People Partners, and Talent Acquisition and to support, advise, and develop solutions for their compensation issues i.e., new hire offers, promotions, internal transfers, retention, etc.
- Conduct competitive benchmarking and analysis to evaluate compensation programs, policies, and processes.
- Partner with the Head of Total Rewards on strategic projects such as evolving the job architecture, assessing the compensation of critical talent, reviewing the effectiveness of compensation programs and policies, and analyzing compensation outcomes to draw conclusions and make recommendations for future consideration.
- Participates in approved salary surveys through the collection and reporting of data to third-party survey providers. Reviews salary survey results and provides recommendations on additions/deletions of benchmark jobs in use.
- Play a key role in the creation, consultation, and review of compensation policies and processes.
- Develop and communicate compensation education materials on philosophy, strategy, and applicable programs.
- Provides analytical support in complex aspects in the development of merit budgets, salary structure modifications, and incentive plan data gathering and reporting.
What you need:
- 7+ years of experience in compensation roles.
- Expertise in building compensation systems, working with market data, and scaling processes with company growth.
- Experience working with and applying compensation techniques, job evaluation, salary survey practices and methodologies, salary program development, job documentation, the elements of total rewards, and target setting concepts.
- Comfortable working in a fast-moving environment, multi-tasking, being self-driven and with attention to detail.
- Advanced Google Sheets and or Excel skills with the ability to effectively analyze data and develop or automate repeatable reports, metrics, and models.
- The ideal candidate is an initiative-taker who can manage projects independently, but also likes working with a tight-knit and supportive team.
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees with a positive, roll-up sleeves attitude.
- Experience applying the principles of the Fair Labor Standards Act and its applicability to the job evaluation process.
What makes ThoughtSpot a great place to work?
ThoughtSpot is the experience layer of the modern data stack, leading the industry with our AI-Powered Analytics and natural language search. We hire people with unique identities, backgrounds, and perspectives—this balance-for-the-better philosophy is key to our success. When paired with our culture of Selfless Excellence and our drive for continuous improvement (2% done), ThoughtSpot cultivates a respectful culture that pushes norms to create world-class products. If you’re excited by the opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds in the business and make your mark on a truly innovative company, we invite you to read more about our mission, and apply to the role that’s right for you.
ThoughtSpot for All
Building a diverse and inclusive team isn't just the right thing to do for our people, it's the right thing to do for our business. We know we can’t solve complex data problems with a single perspective. It takes many voices, experiences, and areas of expertise to deliver the innovative solutions our customers need. At ThoughtSpot, we continually celebrate the diverse communities that individuals cultivate to empower every Spotter to bring their whole authentic self to work.
We’re committed to being real and continuously learning when it comes to equality, equity, and creating space for underrepresented groups to thrive.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
The world’s most innovative companies use AI-Powered Analytics from ThoughtSpot to empower every person in their organization, from C-suite executive to frontline employee, with the ability to ask and answer data questions, create and interact with data-driven insights, and use these insights to make informed decisions and take action. ThoughtSpot is simple enough for any business person to use, yet built to handle even the largest, most complex data, wherever it may reside. That’s why customers like T-Mobile, BT, Snowflake, HubSpot, Exxon, Daimler, Medtronic, Hulu, Nasdaq, OpenTable, Huel, and Nationwide Building Society have turned to ThoughtSpot to transform their data driven decision-making cultures.
- You have read and understood the Candidate Privacy Notice (“Notice”) and acknowledge the collection, processing, use and disclosure of your personal information as set out in the Notice.
- You are not required to provide any requested information to us, but failure to do so may result in not being able to continue your candidacy for a job with us.
- The information you give us is true and correct to the best of your knowledge and belief, and you have not knowingly omitted any related unfavorable information. Providing any inaccurate or misleading information may make you ineligible for employment.
To all recruitment agencies: ThoughtSpot does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ThoughtSpot employees, or any other organization location. ThoughtSpot nor its employees are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.