What is the role:
Due to growth, we are looking for an account manager to join our team at ThoughtSpot. The right candidate for this position will have a demonstrated history of leading and managing customers and proven success in selling software & services, preferably in the Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, or Analytics space. The ability to work independently in a rapidly growing environment is important, as is the ability to work with an early-stage technical product that provides real value to both technical and non-technical audiences. Value-based sales approach and "first on the ground" experience is major advantage.
What you'll do:
The Account Manager for our commercial customers will develop and manage a territory of "Digital Native" commercial customer accounts, with a primary focus on account growth and retention. You will lead the charge to drive growth and expansion for designated customers. You’ll approach growth in your customers as a consultative thought partner, focusing on customer value and needs to drive mutually beneficial commercial outcomes. You’ll partner closely with Customer Success Managers to optimize growth in your assigned accounts, charting the big picture opportunities and working toward account plans to achieve expansion targets.
What you bring:
- Proven track record of expanding relationships in complex accounts
- Experience handling and closing negotiations at scale with rapid pace. (new business, renewals, expansions)
- Experience in a customer-facing role managing stakeholders in strategic sales, customer success, or account management
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build trusted relationships with stakeholders in various functions and levels
- Consultative approach to defining strategic opportunities with customers to map, measure, and achieve successful commercial outcomes
- Passion for helping customers solve problems with technology
- Ability to navigate complex organizations and drive mutual account plans
- Track record of overachieving revenue growth goals
- Strong desire to learn and curiosity to understand how things work
- Entrepreneurial approach to owning responsibilities with strong accountability to delivering outcomes
- Advanced technical aptitude and ability to deeply understand our product, the analytics industry, and the value of modern approaches to working with data
What makes ThoughtSpot a great place to work?
ThoughtSpot is the experience layer of the modern data stack, leading the industry with our AI-Powered Analytics and natural language search. We hire people with unique identities, backgrounds, and perspectives—this balance-for-the-better philosophy is key to our success. When paired with our culture of Selfless Excellence and our drive for continuous improvement (2% done), ThoughtSpot cultivates a respectful culture that pushes norms to create world-class products. If you’re excited by the opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds in the business and make your mark on a truly innovative company, we invite you to read more about our mission, and apply to the role that’s right for you.
ThoughtSpot for All
Building a diverse and inclusive team isn't just the right thing to do for our people, it's the right thing to do for our business. We know we can’t solve complex data problems with a single perspective. It takes many voices, experiences, and areas of expertise to deliver the innovative solutions our customers need. At ThoughtSpot, we continually celebrate the diverse communities that individuals cultivate to empower every Spotter to bring their whole authentic self to work.
We’re committed to being real and continuously learning when it comes to equality, equity, and creating space for underrepresented groups to thrive.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
The world’s most innovative companies use AI-Powered Analytics from ThoughtSpot to empower every person in their organization, from C-suite executive to frontline employee, with the ability to ask and answer data questions, create and interact with data-driven insights, and use these insights to make informed decisions and take action. ThoughtSpot is simple enough for any business person to use, yet built to handle even the largest, most complex data, wherever it may reside. That’s why customers like T-Mobile, BT, Snowflake, HubSpot, Exxon, Daimler, Medtronic, Hulu, Nasdaq, OpenTable, Huel, and Nationwide Building Society have turned to ThoughtSpot to transform their data driven decision-making cultures.
- You have read and understood the Candidate Privacy Notice (“Notice”) and acknowledge the collection, processing, use and disclosure of your personal information as set out in the Notice.
- You are not required to provide any requested information to us, but failure to do so may result in not being able to continue your candidacy for a job with us.
- The information you give us is true and correct to the best of your knowledge and belief, and you have not knowingly omitted any related unfavorable information. Providing any inaccurate or misleading information may make you ineligible for employment.
To all recruitment agencies: ThoughtSpot does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ThoughtSpot employees, or any other organization location. ThoughtSpot nor its employees are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.