As a Corporate Counsel, Reporting to the Director of Commercial Legal and partnering closely with functions across the company, you will be responsible for negotiating sales agreements with customers in the United States and Europe including strategic accounts in the United States, drafting templates, providing legal advice regarding data privacy law and commercial transactions, and helping to continue building legal infrastructure from the ground up.
What You'll Do:
• Review and negotiate complex enterprise SaaS service, software licensing, partnership, and procurement contracts that meet the company's requirements under its policies, including those for risk tolerance.
• Support our sales and partner teams on deal structure and contract negotiations.
• Collaborate with operations, finance, and other business units at all levels throughout the organization to ensure that agreements adequately protect the company's interests.
• Support the continuous improvement of templates and legal processes.
• Lead the development of policies and practices around translation and localization of templates, and assist generally with international expansion.
• Assist with the development of data privacy and data security programs and documents, in particular for European customers.
• Provide Sales enablement training and materials related to negotiations and other legal matters.
• Counsel internal clients regarding company policies, legal issues, and risk tolerance.
What You'll Bring:
• Active membership in at least one state bar
• 3 - 8 years' relevant experience negotiating commercial contracts; some prior in-house experience with a technology company required.
• Strong negotiating and influencing skills, and a talent for non-confrontational, win-win negotiations.
• Substantive experience in data privacy.
• Passionate about closing deals.
• Some technical proficiency, such as familiarity with software development and distribution, and SaaS provisioning.
• Ability to work independently and manage priorities in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
• Smart, flexible and creative thinker who finds solutions to problems within the letter of company policies, risk exposure and the law.
What makes ThoughtSpot a great place to work?
ThoughtSpot is the experience layer of the modern data stack, leading the industry with our AI-Powered Analytics and natural language search. We hire people with unique identities, backgrounds, and perspectives—this balance-for-the-better philosophy is key to our success. When paired with our culture of Selfless Excellence and our drive for continuous improvement (2% done), ThoughtSpot cultivates a respectful culture that pushes norms to create world-class products. If you’re excited by the opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds in the business and make your mark on a truly innovative company, we invite you to read more about our mission, and apply to the role that’s right for you.
ThoughtSpot for All
Building a diverse and inclusive team isn't just the right thing to do for our people, it's the right thing to do for our business. We know we can’t solve complex data problems with a single perspective. It takes many voices, experiences, and areas of expertise to deliver the innovative solutions our customers need. At ThoughtSpot, we continually celebrate the diverse communities that individuals cultivate to empower every Spotter to bring their whole authentic self to work.
We’re committed to being real and continuously learning when it comes to equality, equity, and creating space for underrepresented groups to thrive.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
The world’s most innovative companies use AI-Powered Analytics from ThoughtSpot to empower every person in their organization, from C-suite executive to frontline employee, with the ability to ask and answer data questions, create and interact with data-driven insights, and use these insights to make informed decisions and take action. ThoughtSpot is simple enough for any business person to use, yet built to handle even the largest, most complex data, wherever it may reside. That’s why customers like T-Mobile, BT, Snowflake, HubSpot, Exxon, Daimler, Medtronic, Hulu, Nasdaq, OpenTable, Huel, and Nationwide Building Society have turned to ThoughtSpot to transform their data driven decision-making cultures.
To all recruitment agencies: ThoughtSpot does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ThoughtSpot employees, or any other organization location. ThoughtSpot nor its employees are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.