Staff Engineer - Backend
About the role:
We, at ThoughtSpot, are looking for a passionate and experienced Staff Engineer Backend. You will be a hands-on engineer, with a customer-centric mindset, responsible to design, build, and drive the backend systems. Knowledge of distributed systems is a plus. You’ll collaborate with a cross-functional team of engineers, product managers, and designers.
- Design and implement scalable backend systems that process and manage large volumes of customer data
- Analyze and improve the efficiency, scalability, and reliability of our backend systems.
- Write robust code and write functional, performance, and system test suites
- Work as a member of a team, helping the team respond quickly and effectively to business needs
- Strong coding skills with 8+ years of experience in modern languages such Java
- Have the ability to write clean, effective code is a must and drill deep on technical implementation.
- Have experience working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Good understanding of distributed systems, scalability, and availability
- Strong problem-solving skills, algorithmic thinking, and a strong foundation in how systems work.
- Experience in designing and developing scale-out, high-performance data platforms is a plus
What makes ThoughtSpot a great place to work?
ThoughtSpot is the experience layer of the modern data stack, leading the industry with our AI-Powered Analytics and natural language search. We hire people with unique identities, backgrounds, and perspectives—this balance-for-the-better philosophy is key to our success. When paired with our culture of Selfless Excellence and our drive for continuous improvement (2% done), ThoughtSpot cultivates a respectful culture that pushes norms to create world-class products. If you’re excited by the opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds in the business and make your mark on a truly innovative company, we invite you to read more about our mission, and apply to the role that’s right for you.
ThoughtSpot for All
Building a diverse and inclusive team isn't just the right thing to do for our people, it's the right thing to do for our business. We know we can’t solve complex data problems with a single perspective. It takes many voices, experiences, and areas of expertise to deliver the innovative solutions our customers need. At ThoughtSpot, we continually celebrate the diverse communities that individuals cultivate to empower every Spotter to bring their whole authentic self to work.
We’re committed to being real and continuously learning when it comes to equality, equity, and creating space for underrepresented groups to thrive.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
The world’s most innovative companies use AI-Powered Analytics from ThoughtSpot to empower every person in their organization, from C-suite executive to frontline employee, with the ability to ask and answer data questions, create and interact with data-driven insights, and use these insights to make informed decisions and take action. ThoughtSpot is simple enough for any business person to use, yet built to handle even the largest, most complex data, wherever it may reside. That’s why customers like T-Mobile, BT, Snowflake, HubSpot, Exxon, Daimler, Medtronic, Hulu, Nasdaq, OpenTable, Huel, and Nationwide Building Society have turned to ThoughtSpot to transform their data driven decision-making cultures.
To all recruitment agencies: ThoughtSpot does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ThoughtSpot employees, or any other organization location. ThoughtSpot nor its employees are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.