Member of Technical Staff - Backend(AI/ML)
What makes ThoughtSpot a great place to work?
ThoughtSpot is the experience layer of the modern data stack, leading the industry with our AI-Powered Analytics and natural language search. We hire people with unique identities, backgrounds, and perspectives—this balance-for-the-better philosophy is key to our success. When paired with our culture of Selfless Excellence and our drive for continuous improvement (2% done), ThoughtSpot cultivates a respectful culture that pushes norms to create world-class products. If you’re excited by the opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds in the business and make your mark on a truly innovative company, we invite you to read more about our mission, and apply to the role that’s right for you.
The ThoughtSpot SpotIQ team is seeking engineers to develop scalable machine learning approaches for Business Intelligence products. We are looking for engineers with a proven track record of being industry visionaries to join the team responsible for building ThoughtSpot's natural language relational search engine, personalized data exploration engine, universal object search engine, AI-powered ranking, and relevance engine, distributed in-memory search indexing infrastructure and much more.
Come join a team of world-class engineers building ThoughtSpot's relational search engine, directly contribute to ML approaches using rich data and work to deliver new capabilities in the product.
- Applying state-of-the-art models and techniques to problems in Data Analytics with a continuous focus on accuracy and relevance
- Building, training and deploying Machine Learning models in Natural Language problems like Understanding, Processing and Generation, especially foundational Large Language Models
- Design, develop, test, maintain, monitor and improve distributed systems and infrastructure to enable high-velocity iteration
- Bring technical thought leadership to advance ThoughtSpot's differentiation and market leadership in democratizing data analytics for business users
- Bachelors in CS with strong fundamentals and solid software engineering skills in complex, multi-language systems
- Minimum 3-4 years of ML Engineering / Software engineering experience primarily related to productionizing ML models and scaling them in high-throughput and low-latency settings
- Experience in designing and implementing high-performance distributed systems and solving complex problems in this space. You understand what it takes to write software that is used by millions of people.
- Building end to end data systems as an ML Engineer, Platform Engineer, or equivalent
- Strong coding skills in one of modern languages such as C++/Java
- Understanding/familiarity with the iterative nature of the data science lifecycle and familiarity with common ML/DL methodologies and metrics
- Expertise with time-series concepts (seasonality decomposition/adjustment, stationarity, auto-correlation etc)
- Experience with the latest open source forecasting platforms preferred (Prophet, Orbit, Greykite, etc)
- Experience with streaming data architectures
- Expertise with AWS services and cloud architectures (Sagemaker, Serverless Stack, Amazon Forecast etc)
- Experience working with cloud data processing technologies (Spark, Dask, ElasticSearch, Presto, SQL, etc.)
- Excellent debugging and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team-based environment.
ThoughtSpot for All
Building a diverse and inclusive team isn't just the right thing to do for our people, it's the right thing to do for our business. We know we can’t solve complex data problems with a single perspective. It takes many voices, experiences, and areas of expertise to deliver the innovative solutions our customers need. At ThoughtSpot, we continually celebrate the diverse communities that individuals cultivate to empower every Spotter to bring their whole authentic self to work.
We’re committed to being real and continuously learning when it comes to equality, equity, and creating space for underrepresented groups to thrive.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
To all recruitment agencies: ThoughtSpot does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ThoughtSpot employees, or any other organization location. ThoughtSpot nor its employees are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
The world’s most innovative companies use AI-Powered Analytics from ThoughtSpot to empower every person in their organization, from C-suite executive to frontline employee, with the ability to ask and answer data questions, create and interact with data-driven insights, and use these insights to make informed decisions and take action. ThoughtSpot is simple enough for any business person to use, yet built to handle even the largest, most complex data, wherever it may reside. That’s why customers like T-Mobile, BT, Snowflake, HubSpot, Exxon, Daimler, Medtronic, Hulu, Nasdaq, OpenTable, Huel, and Nationwide Building Society have turned to ThoughtSpot to transform their data driven decision-making cultures.
Something looks off?