Senior Technical Writer
What makes ThoughtSpot a great place to work?
ThoughtSpot is the experience layer of the modern data stack, leading the industry with our AI-Powered Analytics and natural language search. We hire people with unique identities, backgrounds, and perspectives—this balance-for-the-better philosophy is key to our success. When paired with our culture of Selfless Excellence and our drive for continuous improvement (2% done), ThoughtSpot cultivates a respectful culture that pushes norms to create world-class products. If you’re excited by the opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds in the business and make your mark on a truly innovative company, we invite you to read more about our mission, and apply to the role that’s right for you.
Are you looking to join one of the fastest-growing software companies in the Bay Area? ThoughtSpot’s Search & AI-Driven analytics platform is disrupting the BI industry by making analytics 1000x faster and easier for non-technical business people.
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Technical Writer to lead documentation projects and work with our existing documentation team based in both the USA and India.
Our technical writers don’t just transcribe tech talks. They load data and use the software to create procedures and concept topics. They work with engineering teams throughout the development and testing process. They strive to produce use case-based documentation, tutorials, and product walkthroughs aimed at IT, business analysts, and non-technical users.
What you’ll do:
- Manage documentation projects involving multiple project teams.
- Solve information challenges with the efficient use of time and resources.
- Optimize documentation production for speed, quality, and effectiveness.
- Write original technical content related to databases, Web applications, and business intelligence solutions.
- Collaborate with team members across multiple time zones
- Create documentation plans, ensuring delivery of top quality documentation in time with our release schedule.
What you’ll bring:
- 5+ years of experience
- BS or BA degree with a focus on Technical Communications, English, Instructional Design, Education, or a related discipline
- Excellent writing skills, with experience writing technical procedures and concept topics for a range of audiences
- Experience using developer tools like Git, GitHub, and JIRA
- Comfortable working in a command line environment
- Knowledge of basic UNIX commands
- Basic knowledge of HTML
- Familiarity with “Docs as Code” philosophy and workflow
- Experience with Asciidoc or Markdown preferred
- Experience with graphics tools like Sketch, and video tools like Camtasia a plus
- Bonus points if you have hands-on experience with databases and reporting tools like Power BI, Qlik, Tableau, and Excel
- Experience with cloud data warehouses a plus
- Experience with SQL a plus
- Experience writing API docs a plus
- Thrives in a startup environment
- Uses a hands-on approach to developing documentation
- Takes ownership of projects and deliverables
- Takes initiative and requires minimal supervision
- Thinks and works independently, but operates as part of a team
- Explores trends in technical writing and training.
ThoughtSpot for All
Building a diverse and inclusive team isn't just the right thing to do for our people, it's the right thing to do for our business. We know we can’t solve complex data problems with a single perspective. It takes many voices, experiences, and areas of expertise to deliver the innovative solutions our customers need. At ThoughtSpot, we continually celebrate the diverse communities that individuals cultivate to empower every Spotter to bring their whole authentic self to work.
We’re committed to being real and continuously learning when it comes to equality, equity, and creating space for underrepresented groups to thrive.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
To all recruitment agencies: ThoughtSpot does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ThoughtSpot employees, or any other organization location. ThoughtSpot nor its employees are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
The world’s most innovative companies use AI-Powered Analytics from ThoughtSpot to empower every person in their organization, from C-suite executive to frontline employee, with the ability to ask and answer data questions, create and interact with data-driven insights, and use these insights to make informed decisions and take action. ThoughtSpot is simple enough for any business person to use, yet built to handle even the largest, most complex data, wherever it may reside. That’s why customers like T-Mobile, BT, Snowflake, HubSpot, Exxon, Daimler, Medtronic, Hulu, Nasdaq, OpenTable, Huel, and Nationwide Building Society have turned to ThoughtSpot to transform their data driven decision-making cultures.
Something looks off?