What makes ThoughtSpot a great place to work?
ThoughtSpot is the experience layer of the modern data stack, leading the industry with our AI-Powered Analytics and natural language search. We hire people with unique identities, backgrounds, and perspectives—this balance-for-the-better philosophy is key to our success. When paired with our culture of Selfless Excellence and our drive for continuous improvement (2% done), ThoughtSpot cultivates a respectful culture that pushes norms to create world-class products. If you’re excited by the opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds in the business and make your mark on a truly innovative company, we invite you to read more about our mission, and apply to the role that’s right for you.
WHAT IS THE JOB?
We are searching for an accountable, multitalented data engineer to facilitate Core team’s ThoughtSpot on ThoughtSpot initiatives. The data engineer will be responsible for employing techniques to create and sustain structures that allow for the analysis of data while remaining familiar with dominant programming and deployment strategies in the field. During various aspects of this process, you should collaborate with coworkers to ensure that your approach meets the needs of each project.
To ensure success as a data engineer, you should demonstrate flexibility, creativity, and the capacity to receive and utilise constructive criticism. A formidable data engineer will demonstrate unstained curiosity and outstanding interpersonal skills.
WHAT YOU'LL DO?
• Developing ETL pipelines in and out of data warehouse using combination of Python and Snowflakes Snow SQL
• Writing SQL queries against Snowflake.
• Developing scripts Unix, Python etc. to do Extract, Load and Transform data.
• Provide production support for Data Warehouse issues such data load problems, transformation and translation problems.
• Translate requirements for BI and Reporting to Database design and reporting design.
• Understanding data transformation and translation requirements and which tools to leverage to get the job done.
• Understanding data pipelines and modern ways of automating data pipeline using cloud based
• Testing and clearly document implementations, so others can easily understand the requirements, implementation, and test conditions.
• Develops and maintains scalable data pipelines and builds out new API integrations to support continuing increases in data volume and complexity.
• Collaborate with business teams to improve data models that feeds ThoughtSpot, increasing data accessibility, and fostering data-driven decision making across the Core organisation.
• Implements processes and systems to monitor data quality, ensuring production data is always accurate and available for key stakeholders and business processes that depend on it.
• Performs data analysis required to troubleshoot data related issues and assist in the resolution of data issues.
• Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
• Process oriented with great documentation skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with a keen sense of customer service.
WHAT YOU BRING?
• BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
• 4+ years of Python or Java development experience.
• 4+ years of SQL experience (No-SQL experience is a plus).
• 4+ years of experience with schema design and dimensional data modeling.
• Familiarity with ETL tools like Matillion, Fivetran or suitable equivalent.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Experience with API's, enterprise data management, information security, applications development, and cloud-based architectures.
• Capacity to successfully manage a pipeline of duties with minimal supervision.
ThoughtSpot for All
Building a diverse and inclusive team isn't just the right thing to do for our people, it's the right thing to do for our business. We know we can’t solve complex data problems with a single perspective. It takes many voices, experiences, and areas of expertise to deliver the innovative solutions our customers need. At ThoughtSpot, we continually celebrate the diverse communities that individuals cultivate to empower every Spotter to bring their whole authentic self to work.
We’re committed to being real and continuously learning when it comes to equality, equity, and creating space for underrepresented groups to thrive.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
To all recruitment agencies: ThoughtSpot does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ThoughtSpot employees, or any other organization location. ThoughtSpot nor its employees are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
The world’s most innovative companies use AI-Powered Analytics from ThoughtSpot to empower every person in their organization, from C-suite executive to frontline employee, with the ability to ask and answer data questions, create and interact with data-driven insights, and use these insights to make informed decisions and take action. ThoughtSpot is simple enough for any business person to use, yet built to handle even the largest, most complex data, wherever it may reside. That’s why customers like T-Mobile, BT, Snowflake, HubSpot, Exxon, Daimler, Medtronic, Hulu, Nasdaq, OpenTable, Huel, and Nationwide Building Society have turned to ThoughtSpot to transform their data driven decision-making cultures.
Something looks off?