Member of Technical Staff- Backend
What makes ThoughtSpot a great place to work?
ThoughtSpot is the experience layer of the modern data stack, leading the industry with our AI-Powered Analytics and natural language search. We hire people with unique identities, backgrounds, and perspectives—this balance-for-the-better philosophy is key to our success. When paired with our culture of Selfless Excellence and our drive for continuous improvement (2% done), ThoughtSpot cultivates a respectful culture that pushes norms to create world-class products. If you’re excited by the opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds in the business and make your mark on a truly innovative company, we invite you to read more about our mission, and apply to the role that’s right for you.
Come join a team of world-class engineers building ThoughtSpot’s relational search engine. We are looking for super talented and experienced engineers to join the team responsible for building ThoughtSpot’s natural language relational search engine, personalized data exploration engine, universal object search engine, AI powered ranking and relevance engine, distributed in-memory search indexing infrastructure and much more.
- Design & develop the next generation of platform and services powering ThoughtSpot’s search engine.
- Build interactive applications that leverage AI, ML, and ad-hoc query capabilities uniquely available in Thoughtspot.
- Work with diverse, cross-functional teams of designers, UX researchers, engineers, product managers in a fast, collaborative process.
- Obsess with the customer experience and uncompromising engineering standards.
- Mentor and build a strong culture of quality in your teams
Required Skills/ Qualification:
- 4+ years of experience crafting world-class products & experiences.
- Proven track record of building large systems and services with high scale and performance.
- A passion for designing systems with clean architecture and beautiful code. Expert in one or more programming languages (preferably Java/c++).
- Amazing problem solver and quick learner with an ability to identify, quantify, debug, and remove performance bottlenecks and functional issues.
- Strong experience and expertise in building Search Engine, Natural Language Query Processing, AI/ML powered services, Personalization Platform, Recommender Systems and Distributed Systems is a big plus.
ThoughtSpot for All
Building a diverse and inclusive team isn't just the right thing to do for our people, it's the right thing to do for our business. We know we can’t solve complex data problems with a single perspective. It takes many voices, experiences, and areas of expertise to deliver the innovative solutions our customers need. At ThoughtSpot, we continually celebrate the diverse communities that individuals cultivate to empower every Spotter to bring their whole authentic self to work.
We’re committed to being real and continuously learning when it comes to equality, equity, and creating space for underrepresented groups to thrive.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
To all recruitment agencies: ThoughtSpot does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ThoughtSpot employees, or any other organization location. ThoughtSpot nor its employees are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
The world’s most innovative companies use AI-Powered Analytics from ThoughtSpot to empower every person in their organization, from C-suite executive to frontline employee, with the ability to ask and answer data questions, create and interact with data-driven insights, and use these insights to make informed decisions and take action. ThoughtSpot is simple enough for any business person to use, yet built to handle even the largest, most complex data, wherever it may reside. That’s why customers like T-Mobile, BT, Snowflake, HubSpot, Exxon, Daimler, Medtronic, Hulu, Nasdaq, OpenTable, Huel, and Nationwide Building Society have turned to ThoughtSpot to transform their data driven decision-making cultures.
Something looks off?