Staff Backend Engineer
Who We Are
At Tempo, our mission is to empower everyone to realize their strength and lead a healthy, full life. We are the first and only personal training solution that leverages 3D sensors and A.I. to provide a richer and more effective workout in live and on-demand classes. Headquartered in San Francisco, our all-star team, with members from Google, YouTube, Netflix, Airbnb, Pixar, and Orangetheory, is backed by $300 Million in funding from industry leaders.
About the Role
Tempo is seeking a Staff Backend Engineer to join our growing Engineering team. As a key member, you will play a crucial role in developing robust solutions using your expertise in Python, AWS, and systems architecture. You will be actively involved in managing our data, APIs, live video systems, and other critical back-end features, contributing directly to our mission.
This is a hybrid role onsite (1-2 days a week) located in San Francisco, California.
- Develop and maintain backend solutions using Python/Flask and AWS.
- Collaborate on projects critical to the success of our mission.
- Scale backend applications and services to meet growing demands.
- 5+ years of professional software development experience in back-end roles.
- Deep expertise in Python/Flask development and AWS.
- Strong knowledge of DevOps and general Systems Architecture.
- Experience with scaling backend applications and services.
- Familiarity with Git and Agile best practices.
- CI experience (Travis, Circle, Jenkins, etc.).
- Experience with SQL or other relational databases.
What We Can Offer You:
- Competitive compensation package with meaningful equity.
- Collaborative start-up culture with a close-knit, all-star team.
- Comprehensive health benefits and unlimited PTO.
- Health-related perks - Team workouts and company fitness lab.
- 401k for eligible employees.
- Wellness Benefit.
Tempo is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Consult with your Recruiter during any potential screening to determine a more targeted range based on the job-related factors. We don’t ever want the pay range to act as a deterrent from you applying! Anticipated salary range: $200K - $230K. This range represents the low and high end of the anticipated base salary range for a SF - based individual. Compensation will ultimately depend on job-related factors including skills and experience. These ranges may be modified in the future.
At this time, Tempo is only set up to employ in the US and Egypt.
Note to Recruitment Agencies:
We anticipate recruiting in-house for this role. Please, no Agency or Contract solicitation.
Tempo does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Tempo does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.