Staff Product Designer
Who We Are
Tempo’s mission is to give everyone the power to realize their strength and lead a healthy, full life.
It’s the first and only personal training solution that can track your motion and use that data to give you a richer and more effective workout in live and on-demand classes. Using 3D sensors and A.I., Tempo enables expert coaches to correct your form and provide personalized feedback in real-time.
With its stunning and compact design, Tempo and all its included accessories can be tucked away and fit seamlessly into any home. We believe the combination of beautiful hardware, AI technology, and premium content is how we help our members build a lifelong habit with fitness.
Headquartered in San Francisco, Tempo's all-star team includes alumni from Google, YouTube, Netflix, Airbnb, Pixar, and Orangetheory, backed by $300 Million in funding from Softbank, General Catalyst, Norwest Venture Partners, Founders Fund, Khosla Ventures, DCM, and Signal Fire.
About the Role
We’re looking for an experienced Staff Product Designer to help lead our engagement and growth initiatives at Tempo.
Forming fitness routines is hard, and a challenging problem for many. With traditional fitness options, like gyms, there are steep drop-offs after the first month. A range of factors is responsible, which technology and convenience have proven to help tackle. At Tempo, with the intersection of bleeding-edge technology, content steeped in fitness science, motivating coaches, and an experience that guides and motivates you, we have the recipe to help people achieve their fitness goals.
We are hybrid, onsite once a week in our San Francisco office. This is not a remote role.
In this role, you will:
- You will work directly with Product and Design leadership to bring our Engagement and Growth strategies to life.
- Tackle challenges like onboarding, long-term routine formation, search & discovery, and progress.
- Partner with Research on understanding our members’ needs and crafting solutions that meet/exceed those needs.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to designers on the team, on both interaction and visual parts of the craft.
- Participate in planning sessions with your peer team leads on Product and Engineering. Being comfortable with estimating design tasks, to help shape the quarterly roadmap is a core part of this role.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in the industry, ideally 1-2 years of experience of product design strategy on tech teams.
- You are a systems thinker, always looking for ways to improve the design system and our processes.
- Track record for working with data (User Research and Data Analytics), to deeply understand user needs, to then craft experiences that address those needs.
- Experience with design of consumer-facing digital products that span multiple modalities - Mobile, Desktop, Web - or bespoke screen sizes.
What We Offer:
- Real opportunities for growth
- Comprehensive health benefits and unlimited PTO
- A collaborative start-up culture made up of a talented, close-knit team
- A platform to make a meaningful impact and shape the future of our company
- Amazing fitness benefits
Consult with your Recruiter during any potential screening to determine a more targeted range based on the job-related factors. We don’t ever want the pay range to act as a deterrent from you applying! Anticipated salary range: $175K - $220K. This range represents the low and high end of the anticipated base salary range for a SF - based individual. Compensation will ultimately depend on job-related factors including skills and experience. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Tempo does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Tempo does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.
Something looks off?