Chief of Staff to Chief Legal and People Officer (Portugal Based Remote/Hybrid)
People & HR, Legal, Operations
Posted on Tuesday, February 6, 2024
Sword Health is on a mission to free two billion people from pain as the world’s first and only end-to-end platform to predict, prevent and treat pain.
Delivering a 62% reduction in pain and a 60% reduction in surgery intent, at Sword, we are using technology to save millions for our 2,500+ enterprise clients across three continents. Today, we hold the majority of industry patents, win 70% of competitive evaluations, and have raised more than $300 million from top venture firms like Founders Fund, General Catalyst, and Khosla Ventures.
Recognized as a Forbes Best Startup Employer in 2023, this award highlights our focus on being a destination for the best and brightest talent. Not only have we experienced unprecedented growth since our market debut in 2020, but we’ve also created a remarkable mission and value-driven environment that is loved by our growing team. With a recent valuation of $2 billion, we are in a phase of hyper growth and expansion, and we’re looking for individuals with passion, commitment, and energy to help us scale our impact.
Joining Sword Health means committing to a set of core values, chief amongst them to “do it for the patients” every day, and to always “deliver more than expected” on behalf of our members and clients.
This is an opportunity for you to make a significant difference on a massive scale as you work alongside 800+ (and growing!) talented colleagues, spanning two continents. Your charge? To help us build a pain-free world, powered by technology, enhanced by people — accessible to all.
As a Chief of Staff to our Chief Legal and People Officer (CLPO), you will be an integral part of our leadership team, working alongside our CLPO as a partner in driving strategic objectives and key results in our legal and people operations. You will own and drive executive team operational and program work, focusing on strategic initiatives within the Human Resources domain.
This Chief of Staff is responsible for ensuring the CLPO can operate effectively. This role involves serving as a trusted counsel and strategic advisor to the CLPO, which includes regular reviews of strategic initiatives to ensure alignment with our organization's Legal and People team priorities.
What You'll Do:
- Strategic Support: Collaborate closely with the CLPO to develop and execute strategic initiatives, ensuring alignment with the company's Legal and People goals and objectives.
- Conduct research, gather data, and perform analysis to support decision-making processes in human resources.
- Prepare presentations, reports, and other materials for the CLPO's internal and external engagements related to legal and people management and organizational culture.
- Operations Management: Coordinate and facilitate effective communication between the CLPO, their direct reports, and other stakeholders.
- Track action items, follow up on deadlines, and ensure timely completion of projects and deliverables.
- Provide project management support for key Legal and People-related initiatives, including cross-functional projects and process improvements.
- People organization Analysis and Reporting: Assist the CLPO in workforce analysis, including talent management, employee engagement, and performance metrics.
- Prepare HR reports, presentations, and dashboards for the CLPO's review and use in executive meetings.
- Collaborate with the HR team to gather and analyze HR data, identify trends, and provide insights to support decision-making.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Act as a liaison between the CLPO and internal stakeholders, fostering effective relationships and communication channels.
- Support the CLPO in building strong relationships with external partners.
- Coordinate and participate in meetings, conferences, and industry events on behalf of the CLPO, as needed.
- Special Projects and Initiatives: Lead and manage special projects and initiatives assigned by the CLPO, ensuring timely and successful execution.
- Conduct research, gather information, and provide recommendations on key HR topics and opportunities.
- Drive cross-functional collaboration and coordination to achieve project goals and desired outcomes.
Our ideal candidate:
- Bachelor's degree in human resources, business administration, psychology, or a related field; MBA or related advanced degree preferred.
- Proven experience in a chief of staff or similar strategic support role, preferably in a human resources or organizational development environment.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Exceptional at Google Slides, Excel, and Google sheets.
- Exceptional organizational and project management abilities, with a focus on detail and follow-through.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with diverse stakeholders.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion and professionalism.
- Strong business acumen and the ability to grasp complex concepts quickly.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with shifting priorities.
To ensure you feel good solving a big Human problem, we offer:
- A stimulating, fast-paced environment with lots of room for creativity;
- A bright future at a promising high-tech startup company;
- Career development and growth, with a competitive salary;
- The opportunity to work with a talented team and to add real value to an innovative solution with the potential to change the future of healthcare;
- Remote or Hybrid work policy.
*Please note that this position does not offer relocation assistance. Candidates must possess a valid EU visa and be based in Portugal.
US Sword Benefits:
*Eligibility for Essential benefits: Full-time employees regularly working 25+ hours per week
Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance
Discretionary PTO Plan
US Sword Perks:
Flexible working hours
Internet Stipend for remote working
Paid Company Holidays
Free Digital Therapist for you and your family
Portugal - Sword Benefits:
Health, dental and vision Insurance
Portugal - Sword Perks:
Remote Work Allowance
Flexible working hours
Work from home
Snacks and Beverages
Unlimited access to Coursera Learning Platform
*US Applicants Only: Applicants must have a legal right to work in the United States, and immigration or work visa sponsorship will not be provided.*
SWORD Health, which includes SWORD Health, Inc. and Sword Health Professionals (consisting of Sword Health Care Providers, P.A., SWORD Health Care Providers of NJ, P.C., SWORD Health Care Physical Therapy Providers of CA, P.C.*) complies with applicable Federal and State civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of Age, Ancestry, Color, Citizenship, Gender, Gender expression, Gender identity, Gender information, Marital status, Medical condition, National origin, Physical or mental disability, Pregnancy, Race, Religion, Caste, Sexual orientation, and Veteran status.