Senior Data Engineer
Posted on Saturday, December 16, 2023
Sword Health is on a mission to free two billion people from pain as the world’s first and only end-to-end platform to predict, prevent and treat pain.
Delivering a 62% reduction in pain and a 60% reduction in surgery intent, at Sword, we are using technology to save millions for our 2,500+ enterprise clients across three continents. Today, we hold the majority of industry patents, win 70% of competitive evaluations, and have raised more than $300 million from top venture firms like Founders Fund, General Catalyst, and Khosla Ventures.
Recognized as a Forbes Best Startup Employer in 2023, this award highlights our focus on being a destination for the best and brightest talent. Not only have we experienced unprecedented growth since our market debut in 2020, but we’ve also created a remarkable mission and value-driven environment that is loved by our growing team. With a recent valuation of $2 billion, we are in a phase of hyper growth and expansion, and we’re looking for individuals with passion, commitment, and energy to help us scale our impact.
Joining Sword Health means committing to a set of core values, chief amongst them to “do it for the patients” every day, and to always “deliver more than expected” on behalf of our members and clients.
This is an opportunity for you to make a significant difference on a massive scale as you work alongside 800+ (and growing!) talented colleagues, spanning two continents. Your charge? To help us build a pain-free world, powered by technology, enhanced by people — accessible to all.
What you’ll do:
- Design, build and maintain ETL/ELT data pipeline that ingests data from multiple sources with different technologies (MySQL, BigQuery, Cloud Storage, CSV, etc.).
- Architect and maintain Sword’s (complex) data warehouse; We own lots of different types of data.
- Work with complex data architectures, like Kappa and lambda architectures. You’ll have the opportunity to work with batch and/or streaming processes.
- Have the opportunity to work with some of the most exciting and newest technologies in the data field.
- Work closely with our Algorithms and AI teams, supporting their needs for data and pipelines.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Strong experience with Python programming language.
- Previous experience in Software Engineering is considered.
- Very high level of SQL and data modelling expertise.
- Knowledge about other database types, like NoSQL databases is considered.
- Experience in cloud-based architectures, such as GCP and AWS.
- Experience with orchestration frameworks like Apache Airflow
- Proactivity and capability of proposing improvements to the team, being technical improvements or processual improvements.
Bonus points if you have:
- Knowledge of Data Governance;
- Experience with Modern Data Stack such as DBT, Bigquery.
- Experience with Kafka Ecosystem. E.g. Kafka, Kafka Connect, Schema Registry and others.
- Experience with IaC (Terraform), Containerization (Docker, Kubernetes) and CI/CD.
- Capable of Zooming out and being able to propose changes to data architecture.
To ensure you feel good solving a big Human problem, we offer:
- The opportunity to make a real human impact on millions of people, and have a blast doing it;
- A bright future at a promising high-tech startup company where you can add real value to an innovative solution;
- A stimulating, fast-paced environment with lots of room for creativity;
- Career development and growth, with a competitive salary;
- The opportunity to work with a talented team and to add real value to an innovative solution with the potential to change the future of healthcare;
- A stimulating environment with room for creativity - a fast-paced, fun, and energetic startup;
- A flexible environment where you can control your hours (remotely) with unlimited vacation;
- Access to our health and well-being program (digital therapist sessions);
- Remote or hybrid policy for candidates based in Portugal.
* Please note that this position does not offer relocation assistance. Candidates must possess a valid EU visa and be based in Portugal.
US Sword Benefits:
*Eligibility for Essential benefits: Full-time employees regularly working 25+ hours per week
Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance
Discretionary PTO Plan
US Sword Perks:
Flexible working hours
Internet Stipend for remote working
Paid Company Holidays
Free Digital Therapist for you and your family
Portugal - Sword Benefits:
Health, dental and vision Insurance
Portugal - Sword Perks:
Remote Work Allowance
Flexible working hours
Work from home
Snacks and Beverages
Unlimited access to Coursera Learning Platform
*US Applicants Only: Applicants must have a legal right to work in the United States, and immigration or work visa sponsorship will not be provided.*
SWORD Health, which includes SWORD Health, Inc. and Sword Health Professionals (consisting of Sword Health Care Providers, P.A., SWORD Health Care Providers of NJ, P.C., SWORD Health Care Physical Therapy Providers of CA, P.C.*) complies with applicable Federal and State civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of Age, Ancestry, Color, Citizenship, Gender, Gender expression, Gender identity, Gender information, Marital status, Medical condition, National origin, Physical or mental disability, Pregnancy, Race, Religion, Caste, Sexual orientation, and Veteran status.