Senior Designer - UI Design
Posted on Tuesday, October 24, 2023
Sword Health is on a mission to free two billion people from pain as the world’s first and only end-to-end platform to predict, prevent and treat pain.
Delivering a 62% reduction in pain and a 60% reduction in surgery intent, at Sword, we are using technology to save millions for our 2,500+ enterprise clients across three continents. Today, we hold the majority of industry patents, win 70% of competitive evaluations, and have raised more than $300 million from top venture firms like Founders Fund, General Catalyst, and Khosla Ventures.
Recognized as a Forbes Best Startup Employer in 2023, this award highlights our focus on being a destination for the best and brightest talent. Not only have we experienced unprecedented growth since our market debut in 2020, but we’ve also created a remarkable mission and value-driven environment that is loved by our growing team. With a recent valuation of $2 billion, we are in a phase of hyper growth and expansion, and we’re looking for individuals with passion, commitment, and energy to help us scale our impact.
Joining Sword Health means committing to a set of core values, chief amongst them to “do it for the patients” every day, and to always “deliver more than expected” on behalf of our members and clients.
This is an opportunity for you to make a significant difference on a massive scale as you work alongside 800+ (and growing!) talented colleagues, spanning two continents. Your charge? To help us build a pain-free world, powered by technology, enhanced by people — accessible to all.
Our company is seeking a highly skilled and experienced UI Designer, responsible for multiple products across Sword’s ecosystem, spread across web, mobile, and tablet channels. This role will involve closely collaborating with cross-functional teams to understand user needs and develop beautiful user interfaces that bring the Sword brand to our members.
What you'll be doing:
- Translate user needs, business, and technical requirements into designs that are visually delightful, easy to use, and emotionally engaging;
- Drive design solutions sensitive to industry trends that further business outcomes;
- Influence stakeholders across functions to gain support for design strategies;
- Drive collaboration with multiple project partners, including product managers, engineers, marketing managers, brand and product designers;
- Provide direction to design peers in creating design concepts for product ideation and/or user research/testing;
- Design beautiful visual experiences across platforms, including mobile, web, tablet and wearables;
- Work closely with the Brand team and be able to translate Sword’s brand identity into user interfaces, developing engaging visual assets, animations and video content for the product;
- Champion the design to development handoff process;
- Strong communication skills including clear and proactive communication and capable of conveying a range of complex technical issues to both programmers and non-technical team members.
What you need to have:
- An excellent portfolio showcasing UI and visual design work with a strong design sensibility and articulate storytelling. Evidence of exceptional design ability is a must;
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in UX Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or related field;
- 6+ years of professional design experience, preferably in an in-house product team;
- Must be proficient and highly skilled in Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator, and other design tools;
- Expert focus on detailed aspects of visual and motion design;
- Understanding of Design Systems and atomic design principles;
- Ability to express ideas through prototyping;
- Self-motivated, able to work independently but also collaborative and driven by group critique. Proven track record as an expert in design who can collaborate well with other functions;
- Thought leader in composition and integration, considering the broader scope of products.A deep understanding of how design translates to code and how your decisions will affect development complexity and timelines.
US Sword Benefits:
*Eligibility for Essential benefits: Full-time employees regularly working 25+ hours per week
Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance
Discretionary PTO Plan
US Sword Perks:
Flexible working hours
Internet Stipend for remote working
Paid Company Holidays
Free Digital Therapist for you and your family
Portugal - Sword Benefits:
Health, dental and vision Insurance
Portugal - Sword Perks:
Remote Work Allowance
Flexible working hours
Work from home
Snacks and Beverages
Unlimited access to Coursera Learning Platform
*US Applicants Only: Applicants must have a legal right to work in the United States, and immigration or work visa sponsorship will not be provided.*
SWORD Health, which includes SWORD Health, Inc. and Sword Health Professionals (consisting of Sword Health Care Providers, P.A., SWORD Health Care Providers of NJ, P.C., SWORD Health Care Physical Therapy Providers of CA, P.C.*) complies with applicable Federal and State civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of Age, Ancestry, Color, Citizenship, Gender, Gender expression, Gender identity, Gender information, Marital status, Medical condition, National origin, Physical or mental disability, Pregnancy, Race, Religion, Caste, Sexual orientation, and Veteran status.