VP/SVP of People, Sword Health
People & HR
Posted on Friday, August 18, 2023
Sword Health is on a mission to free two billion people from pain as the world’s first and only end-to-end platform to predict, prevent and treat pain.
Delivering a 62% reduction in pain and a 60% reduction in surgery intent, at Sword, we are using technology to save millions for our 2,500+ enterprise clients across three continents. Today, we hold the majority of industry patents, win 70% of competitive evaluations, and have raised more than $300 million from top venture firms like Founders Fund, General Catalyst, and Khosla Ventures.
Recognized as a Forbes Best Startup Employer in 2023, this award highlights our focus on being a destination for the best and brightest talent. Not only have we experienced unprecedented growth since our market debut in 2020, but we’ve also created a remarkable mission and value-driven environment that is loved by our growing team. With a recent valuation of $2 billion, we are in a phase of hyper growth and expansion, and we’re looking for individuals with passion, commitment, and energy to help us scale our impact.
Joining Sword Health means committing to a set of core values, chief amongst them to “do it for the patients” every day, and to always “deliver more than expected” on behalf of our members and clients.
This is an opportunity for you to make a significant difference on a massive scale as you work alongside 800+ (and growing!) talented colleagues, spanning two continents. Your charge? To help us build a pain-free world, powered by technology, enhanced by people — accessible to all.
We are seeking a VP or SVP (dep. on experience) of People, to partner with the VP of Recruiting, to guide Sword’s people function teams on a global basis, reporting into our Chief People Officer.
This role will have leadership over the employee lifecycle post offer - from on-boarding to learning and leadership development, performance management, HR business partnerships, HR compliance, total rewards, and (depending on profile) people systems. At the same time, this leader will have to roll up their sleeves and help build the infrastructure that enables Sword Health to grow rapidly over the next several years, after setting a clear vision for HR and employee experience.
- Balance building and operating at the same time - we are growing fast and need team members who can drive the strategy and make things happen
- Build and develop diverse, high functioning HRBP, People Operations, People Analytics, and Total Rewards teams.
- Collaborate closely with Talent Acquisition to ensure seamless people & culture operations and employee experience to build a representative team at Sword
- Support cross-functional executive leaders on people topics to help deliver business outcomes while remaining compliant globally
- Support employees in operating in line with Sword’s values in a flexible work environment
- In partnership with finance, establish a go-forward compensation & total rewards strategy that spans diverse employee profiles from hardware engineers to physical therapists to support staff across multiple countries
- Identify and implement people metrics and analytics to measure the HR team’s effectiveness and identify improvement areas.
- Scale programs related to onboarding, talent management, and offboarding, working to reduce manual work wherever possible in favor of product-first approach
- Drive a performance culture in line with Sword’s values through effective performance management and professional development.
- Partner with an HR product & systems leader to design and implement technical solutions that increase employee and manager self-service. For the right candidate, this work could roll-in.
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated record of successful senior people leadership roles and project delivery at established companies and earlier-stage companies that work in remote or hybrid environments. In addition, they will have worked in multiple HR disciplines (at least two of the following: HRBP, People Ops, L&D, Total Rewards, and Product & Systems). They will have experience in global HR operations, with country expertise (Portugal and Brazil a plus). They will be data-driven and technically savvy. The right candidate will also bring high EQ, executive presence and a strong moral compass that aligns with Sword’s values and industry HR best practices.
US Sword Benefits:
Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance
Discretionary PTO Plan
US Sword Perks:
Flexible working hours
Internet Stipend for remote working
Paid Company Holidays
Free Digital Therapist for you and your family
Portugal - Sword Benefits:
Health, dental and vision Insurance
Portugal - Sword Perks:
Remote Work Allowance
Flexible working hours
Work from home
Snacks and Beverages
Unlimited access to Coursera Learning Platform
*US Applicants Only: Applicants must have a legal right to work in the United States, and immigration or work visa sponsorship will not be provided.*
SWORD Health, which includes SWORD Health, Inc. and Sword Health Professionals (consisting of Sword Health Care Providers, P.A., SWORD Health Care Providers of NJ, P.C., SWORD Health Care Physical Therapy Providers of CA, P.C.*) complies with applicable Federal and State civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of Age, Ancestry, Color, Citizenship, Gender, Gender expression, Gender identity, Gender information, Marital status, Medical condition, National origin, Physical or mental disability, Pregnancy, Race, Religion, Caste, Sexual orientation, and Veteran status.