Head of DPT Marketing
Marketing & Communications
Posted on Wednesday, August 2, 2023
Sword Health is on a mission to free two billion people from pain as the world’s first and only end-to-end platform to predict, prevent and treat pain.
Delivering a 62% reduction in pain and a 60% reduction in surgery intent, at Sword, we are using technology to save millions for our 2,500+ enterprise clients across three continents. Today, we hold the majority of industry patents, win 70% of competitive evaluations, and have raised more than $300 million from top venture firms like Founders Fund, General Catalyst, and Khosla Ventures.
Recognized as a Forbes Best Startup Employer in 2023, this award highlights our focus on being a destination for the best and brightest talent. Not only have we experienced unprecedented growth since our market debut in 2020, but we’ve also created a remarkable mission and value-driven environment that is loved by our growing team. With a recent valuation of $2 billion, we are in a phase of hyper growth and expansion, and we’re looking for individuals with passion, commitment, and energy to help us scale our impact.
Joining Sword Health means committing to a set of core values, chief amongst them to “do it for the patients” every day, and to always “deliver more than expected” on behalf of our members and clients.
This is an opportunity for you to make a significant difference on a massive scale as you work alongside 800+ (and growing!) talented colleagues, spanning two continents. Your charge? To help us build a pain-free world, powered by technology, enhanced by people — accessible to all.
As Head of Marketing, you will be part of the team scaling Sword DPT (Digital Physical Therapist), our core product that matches our patients with licensed physical therapists and AI-powered digital therapist to get our patients on personalized treatment that frees them from pain. You will support growth by building a strategic marketing agenda roadmap, creating new capabilities and integrating digital initiatives around future consumer engagement, delivery and loyalty. You will also be responsible for building a strong consumer brand and partnering closely with the product and sales team to create experiences that engage new and existing members. This is a highly strategic full-stack marketing role that requires strong brand empathy and creativity, in addition to quantitative skill sets.
You will possess a player-coach mentality and be equally excited to lead and manage as you are to optimize digital and multi-platform campaigns when needed. Experience in a results-driven and/or startup environment will be important, as you will work cross-functionally with the GM, Engineering, Product, Sales/Business Development, Content, and Design teams on a daily basis to ensure that all marketing strategies are relevant to the members’ needs. You will be able to scale spend quickly with demonstrated ROI for future growth.
What you'll do
- Own the marketing function for DPT, including B2B marketing, growth marketing and lifecycle marketing
- Partner with the commercial team to drive demand generation, prospects and future partnerships and support attendance at workshops, conferences, etc
- Own top of funnel strategy and execution through industry awareness, content, and product positioning
- Build and deploy a comprehensive, ROI-positive performance marketing strategy across all channels including paid acquisition, conversion optimization, push and retargeting
- Define, share and implement all CRM marketing strategies and programs that improve personalization and optimize customer experience along all touch points
- Collaborate with our Central Marketing team to build and deploy robust brand positioning and messaging strategy
- Recruit, mentor and manage a team of marketers and other professionals including content, data analysts, etc that are either hard or dotted-line reporting into you
- Establish success metrics and allocate resources to optimize performance and growth
- Lead, motivate, and develop an outcome driven team. Create a climate that is conducive to attracting, retaining, and motivating a diverse group of top-quality marketers at all levels.
What we’re looking for:
- A desire to work for a mission-driven company that helps improves lives of our patients on a day-to-day basis
- 8+ years of relevant marketing experience, with strong background in Product and/or Growth marketing
- Experience in both early stage (scrappy, get stuff done mentality) and later stage (ability to make stuff happen through influence)
- Experience in both B2B2C and B2C marketing preferred
- Ability to handle chaos, ambiguity, and complexity in a detailed and organized way
- Clear, concise, and thorough written and oral communication skills
- Experience analyzing and using data to inform decisions
- An instinct for creating simple and intuitive user experiences
- Experience building & leading high performance teams
- Outstanding interpersonal, coaching and strategic thinking skills with the ability to communicate within all levels of the organization
- Known for building culture with a mission-driven approach
- Motivated by challenges and bring a positive tone, an eye for solutions and an energy for rolling up their sleeves and doing whatever needs to be done. A problem solver who takes ownership and loves to learn
- High IQ/EQ. Leads with humility, integrity, and intellect
- Proven ability to re-prioritize and work quickly and efficiently
- Attention to detail, multi-tasking, and strong follow-through required
US Sword Benefits:
Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance
Discretionary PTO Plan
US Sword Perks:
Flexible working hours
Internet Stipend for remote working
Paid Company Holidays
Free Digital Therapist for you and your family
Portugal - Sword Benefits:
Health, dental and vision Insurance
Portugal - Sword Perks:
Remote Work Allowance
Flexible working hours
Work from home
Snacks and Beverages
Unlimited access to Coursera Learning Platform
*US Applicants Only: Applicants must have a legal right to work in the United States, and immigration or work visa sponsorship will not be provided.*
SWORD Health, which includes SWORD Health, Inc. and Sword Health Professionals (consisting of Sword Health Care Providers, P.A., SWORD Health Care Providers of NJ, P.C., SWORD Health Care Physical Therapy Providers of CA, P.C.*) complies with applicable Federal and State civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of Age, Ancestry, Color, Citizenship, Gender, Gender expression, Gender identity, Gender information, Marital status, Medical condition, National origin, Physical or mental disability, Pregnancy, Race, Religion, Caste, Sexual orientation, and Veteran status.