Head of Health Economics
Posted on Thursday, April 20, 2023
WHO WE ARE
Each year, 2 billion people across the world are limited by physical pain. By helping people live without pain, they are free to do the things they love most with the people they love—and never miss a moment. This is what we do. We create and design new technologies to solve one of the biggest problems in healthcare: taking care of our Physical Health. Sword Health is the world’s fastest growing digital musculoskeletal (MSK) care provider on a bold mission to free two billion people from acute, chronic, and post-surgical physical pain. Our customers include some of the most progressive Fortune 100 and 500 companies, as well as over +1400 other established businesses across the world.
The Sword program allows members to complete a personalized physical therapy program from the comfort of home, with continued support and supervision from one of our talented Sword specialists. Sword’s personalized care is more effective than traditional standards of care, and has proven to deliver best-in-class clinical results. Since breaking into the market less than three years ago, Sword has worked with insurers, health systems, and employers in the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Australia to make high quality musculoskeletal care accessible to everyone.
This is an opportunity to join Sword during a time of hyper growth and expansion. After our recent $2bn valuation, we’re excited to continue accelerating our impact by scaling with high caliber people with passion, commitment and energy to create and deliver technologies, services and products that drive human progress forward.
We welcome you to join our mission, to make a difference on a grand scale and play a pivotal role with a global team at Sword– working alongside great people pioneering novel products and cutting edge technologies.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
You will lead a team of 3-5 people that:
• Develops and implements health economics strategies to assess the value and cost-effectiveness of our products or services, including definition and monitoring of performance guarantees.
• Understands what drives outcomes, how to optimize ROI and builds data driven cases to support decision making
• Ensures timely and accurate calculation and reporting of both non-claims and claims-based Performance Guarantees to inform Finance and Leadership
• Leads the development of cost-effectiveness analyses and other health economic evaluations to inform product development and marketing strategies.
• Establishes and maintains the necessary infrastructure for scalable claims-based ROI analysis
• Collaborates with the leadership and the responsible individuals for new product or service lines on the construction of value narratives, estimation of ROI and definition of PG guarantees
• Collaborates with the customer insights team to gather data on client outcomes and ROI, and use that data to inform future product development and marketing strategies.
• Collaborates with legal and commercial teams to align, review and update contract language to align with company strategy and ensures the agreed upon methodologies around PGs (claims and non-claims based) are reflective of best practices
• Stays up-to-date on healthcare policy changes, reimbursement trends, and other factors that could impact the economic viability of our products or services.
• Develops relationships with key stakeholders in the healthcare industry, including providers, payers, and policymakers, to ensure that our products or services are aligned with their needs and priorities.
• Provides thought leadership and education on health economics topics, both internally and externally, to help the company maintain a competitive edge and drive innovation.
• Advanced degree in economics, finance or healthcare.
• MBA preferred, not required
• Minimum of 7-10 years of experience in health economics or related fields at a payer, with a strong track record of success in developing and implementing health economics strategies.
• Minimum 3-5 years experience leading a team
• Demonstrated experience in behavioral economics
• Familiarity with predictive analytics
• Strong analytical skills, with the ability to design and execute complex health economic evaluations.
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams and to build strong relationships with key stakeholders in the healthcare industry.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to clearly communicate complex health economics concepts to a variety of audiences.
• Demonstrated leadership skills, with the ability to build, motivate and lead a team of health economists and analysts.
• Statistical software tools, such as R, Python or SAS
• Modeling software tools, such as TreeAge or Microsoft Excel
• Database management software, such as MS SQL or Oracle
• Visualization software, such as Looker, Tableau, or Power BI
*Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the U.S. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time.*
US Sword Benefits:
Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance
Discretionary PTO Plan
US Sword Perks:
Flexible working hours
Internet Stipend for remote working
Paid Company Holidays
Free Digital Therapist for you and your family
Portugal - Sword Benefits:
Health, dental and vision Insurance
Portugal - Sword Perks:
Remote Work Allowance
Flexible working hours
Work from home
Free Digital Therapist for your family
Snacks and Beverages
SWORD Health, which includes SWORD Health, Inc. and Sword Health Professionals (consisting of Sword Health Care Providers, P.A., SWORD Health Care Providers of NJ, P.C., SWORD Health Care Physical Therapy Providers of CA, P.C.*) complies with applicable Federal and State civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of Age, Ancestry, Color, Citizenship, Gender, Gender expression, Gender identity, Gender information, Marital status, Medical condition, National origin, Physical or mental disability, Pregnancy, Race, Religion, Caste, Sexual orientation, and Veteran status.
See more open positions at SWORD Health
Something looks off?