Senior Backend Engineer - US
Posted on Friday, April 14, 2023
WHO WE ARE
Each year, 2 billion people across the world are limited by physical pain. By helping people live without pain, they are free to do the things they love most with the people they love—and never miss a moment. This is what we do. We create and design new technologies to solve one of the biggest problems in healthcare: taking care of our Physical Health. Sword Health is the world’s fastest growing digital musculoskeletal (MSK) care provider on a bold mission to free two billion people from acute, chronic, and post-surgical physical pain. Our customers include some of the most progressive Fortune 100 and 500 companies, as well as over +1400 other established businesses across the world.
The Sword program allows members to complete a personalized physical therapy program from the comfort of home, with continued support and supervision from one of our talented Sword specialists. Sword’s personalized care is more effective than traditional standards of care, and has proven to deliver best-in-class clinical results. Since breaking into the market less than three years ago, Sword has worked with insurers, health systems, and employers in the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Australia to make high quality musculoskeletal care accessible to everyone.
This is an opportunity to join Sword during a time of hyper growth and expansion. After our recent $2bn valuation, we’re excited to continue accelerating our impact by scaling with high caliber people with passion, commitment and energy to create and deliver technologies, services and products that drive human progress forward.
We welcome you to join our mission, to make a difference on a grand scale and play a pivotal role with a global team at Sword– working alongside great people pioneering novel products and cutting edge technologies.
Sword Health is looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to join our team!
What You'll Do:
• Stay up to speed with all web technologies, software architecture principles and design patterns;
• Understanding the current lifestyle and development of new lifecycles with emphasis on software quality processes;
• Actively participate in the training and building skills of other web developers;
• Continuous monitoring of performance on production environments;
• Create and run load tests, and analyze applications’ performance;
• Develop our professional web-based app with an emphasis on rich interaction and responsive design;
• Develop analytics dashboards and web data visualization tools; and
• Work closely with our clinical team to determine the ideal workflow of the system from the user’s perspective.
What we’re looking for:
• Extensive experience with web development (experience with Golang or/and NodeJS are mandatory);
• Knowledge of SQL language and managing SQL databases (experience in NoSQL databases a plus);
• Ability to write high-performance, reusable code;
• Knowledge of Software Engineering patterns with special focus on Web Services development;
• Knowledge of caching software like Memcached or Redis are a plus;
• Knowledge of continuous integration / deployment process and tools; and
• Excellent communication skills, problem solving and proactive attitude.
To ensure you feel good solving a big Human problem, we offer:
• A stimulating, fast-paced environment with lots of room for creativity;
• A bright future at a promising high-tech startup company;
• Career development and growth, with a competitive salary;
• The opportunity to work with a talented team and to add real value to an innovative solution with the potential to change the future of healthcare;
• A stimulating environment with room for creativity - fast-paced, fun, and energetic startup;
• A flexible environment where you can control your hours (remotely) with unlimited vacation; and
• Access to our health and well-being program (digital therapist sessions).
US Sword Benefits:
Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance
Discretionary PTO Plan
US Sword Perks:
Flexible working hours
Internet Stipend for remote working
Paid Company Holidays
Free Digital Therapist for you and your family
Portugal - Sword Benefits:
Health, dental and vision Insurance
Portugal - Sword Perks:
Remote Work Allowance
Flexible working hours
Work from home
Free Digital Therapist for your family
Snacks and Beverages
SWORD Health, which includes SWORD Health, Inc. and Sword Health Professionals (consisting of Sword Health Care Providers, P.A., SWORD Health Care Providers of NJ, P.C., SWORD Health Care Physical Therapy Providers of CA, P.C.*) complies with applicable Federal and State civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of Age, Ancestry, Color, Citizenship, Gender, Gender expression, Gender identity, Gender information, Marital status, Medical condition, National origin, Physical or mental disability, Pregnancy, Race, Religion, Caste, Sexual orientation, and Veteran status.