Director of Supply Chain Transformation
Posted on Wednesday, January 11, 2023
WHO WE ARE
Each year, 2 billion people across the world are limited by physical pain. By helping people live without pain, they are free to do the things they love most with the people they love—and never miss a moment. This is what we do. We create and design new technologies to solve one of the biggest problems in healthcare: taking care of our Physical Health. Sword Health is the world’s fastest growing digital musculoskeletal (MSK) care provider on a bold mission to free two billion people from acute, chronic, and post-surgical physical pain. Our customers include some of the most progressive Fortune 100 and 500 companies, as well as over +1400 other established businesses across the world.
The Sword program allows members to complete a personalized physical therapy program from the comfort of home, with continued support and supervision from one of our talented Sword specialists. Sword’s personalized care is more effective than traditional standards of care, and has proven to deliver best-in-class clinical results. Since breaking into the market less than three years ago, Sword has worked with insurers, health systems, and employers in the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Australia to make high quality musculoskeletal care accessible to everyone.
This is an opportunity to join Sword during a time of hyper growth and expansion. After our recent $2bn valuation, we’re excited to continue accelerating our impact by scaling with high caliber people with passion, commitment and energy to create and deliver technologies, services and products that drive human progress forward.
We welcome you to join our mission, to make a difference on a grand scale and play a pivotal role with a global team at Sword– working alongside great people pioneering novel products and cutting edge technologies.
The Director of Supply Chain Transformation manages initiatives designed to improve the capabilities and increase efficiency and resiliency of the supply chain, all while driving value creation for the overall organization. This position will build and deliver a roadmap to modernize the applications that support Sword operations. This position sits within the Sword Supply Chain, reporting to the VP of Integrated Supply Chain.
What you'll be doing:
- Drive the overall global supply chain transformation project;
- Develop an integrated multi-year roadmap to transform Sword's global supply chain, incorporating the 3 functional pillars- Integrated Procurement & Production Planning; Integrated Warehouse & Distribution; Center of Excellence, for the supply chain organization;
- Review current global operations and map process flows aligned with the ERP blueprint;
- Identify gaps and risk areas and recommend solutions;
- Identify areas to prioritize immediate needs and quick wins (i.e., master contracts);
- Drive and integrate industry-level technology standards and best practices;
- Develop new supply chain models and innovative solutions to support business growth and inventory strategies and optimize overall supply chain cost;
- Determine optimal supply chain footprint capacity and capability, location analysis, capital requirements and cost benefits, and timelines;
- Lead optimization projects across Sword to achieve cost savings and cash flow improvements that deliver a superior customer experience and enable growth;
- Lead the supply chain special projects team through strategic planning with defined outcomes and identified metrics;
- Build and maintain key relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to drive alignment with the transformation agenda across Sword;
- Lead and facilitate review meetings with Senior Leadership and cross-functional teams;
- Lead all aspects of review and prioritization of key supply chain initiatives (existing and new);
- Focus on solving end-to-end problems leveraging technology as an enabler;
- Creatively solve our most challenging problems and focus on high-value priority initiatives that alter our competitive standing;
- Maintain and share knowledge on industry best practices/benchmarks;
- Develop monthly/quarterly cadence for leadership review of progress against key initiatives;
- Develop and Identify global strategic supply chain solutions;
- Support the supply chain project strategy by developing key projects and initiatives accretive to critical KPIs;
- Leadership and strategic level problem-solving in a complex environment to determine appropriate supply chain solutions based on a sound understanding of Sword's mission;
- Strive for continuous improvement and customer-centrism in all aspects of decision-making;
- Challenge the status quo via a growth mindset;
- Work with cross-functional strategy leaders to define future supply chain requirements;
- Perform market research to understand key supply chain trends and turn them into initiatives for Sword;
- Analyze data to measure the effectiveness of existing processes to develop sustainable and quantifiable process improvements;
- Recommend changes in working practices, performance metrics, and patterns to improve output and reduce cost execution depending on the nature and scope of change;
- Identify mechanisms to translate optimization opportunities into practical execution plans; lead and support execution depending on the nature and scope of change.
What you need to have:
- Master’s degree or MBA preferred with 5 – 8 years of global transformational experience;
- Strong project management/process improvement skills, effectively evaluating information/data to make decisions; anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve issues; creates actionable strategies and operational plans;
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and leadership with strong relationship management ability;
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal collaboration skills, and clear and succinct delivery;
- Data-oriented, analytical, and detail-oriented, capable of using models for optimization purposes yet balanced with an ability to step back from the data to draw the right business approach for the conclusion;
- Demonstrated customer focus – evaluates decisions through the eyes of the customer and develops processes to deliver outcomes that meet corporate, operations, distribution/logistics, and sourcing goals;
- Change-oriented actively generates process improvements, champions and drives change initiatives, confronts difficult circumstances creatively, balances multiple and competing priorities, and executes accordingly;
- Undaunted by challenges with a drive for execution, delivering excellent results under tight, pressure-filled timelines;
- Coordinate with production and refurbishment teams to optimize planning, expediting, prioritization, and order fulfillment;
- Computer programs: Proficient in Google Sheets, Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Capacity and desire to master other Company tools such as Oracle/Net-Suite, Looker, Other WMS tools, etc;
- The ability to interpret and communicate clearly in Portuguese and English.
Bonus Points or We'd Love to see:
- Experience managing a high-volume, high-margin, high-customer service environment;
- Knowledge of Project Management/Program Management, Six Sigma, and Lean principles;
- Good understanding of business principles and supply chain technology advancements;
- Based in Porto, PT.
To ensure you feel good solving a big Human problem, we offer the following:
- A stimulating, fast-paced environment with lots of room for creativity;
- A bright future at a promising high-tech startup company;
- Career development and growth with a competitive salary;
- The opportunity to work with a talented team and to add real value to an innovative solution with the potential to change the future of healthcare;
- A stimulating environment with room for creativity;
- A flexible environment where you can control your hours (remotely) with unlimited vacation;
- Access to our health and well-being program (digital therapist sessions);
- Remote or Hybrid work policy;
- To get to know more about our Tech Stack, check here
US Sword Benefits:
Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance
Discretionary PTO Plan
US Sword Perks:
Flexible working hours
Internet Stipend for remote working
Paid Company Holidays
Free Digital Therapist for you and your family
Portugal - Sword Benefits:
Health, dental and vision Insurance
Portugal - Sword Perks:
Remote Work Allowance
Flexible working hours
Work from home
Snacks and Beverages
*US Applicants Only: Applicants must have a legal right to work in the United States, and immigration or work visa sponsorship will not be provided.*
SWORD Health, which includes SWORD Health, Inc. and Sword Health Professionals (consisting of Sword Health Care Providers, P.A., SWORD Health Care Providers of NJ, P.C., SWORD Health Care Physical Therapy Providers of CA, P.C.*) complies with applicable Federal and State civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of Age, Ancestry, Color, Citizenship, Gender, Gender expression, Gender identity, Gender information, Marital status, Medical condition, National origin, Physical or mental disability, Pregnancy, Race, Religion, Caste, Sexual orientation, and Veteran status.
See more open positions at SWORD Health
Something looks off?