Business Operations Specialist - SmartPass
Posted on Saturday, May 28, 2022
Smarking is a leading provider of enterprise software and data technology solutions for the massively overlooked $655B global parking industry.
In 2021, Smarking released the industry's first fully integrated flexible parking platform, SmartPass - a Shopify-like platform for parking. SmartPass enables parking facility owners and managers to craft and offer unlimited kinds of parking products to consumers in an unprecedentedly flexible fashion and keep an ongoing digital connection with each parker directly, without worrying about setting up separate systems for billing, payment processing, parking access control, other common hassles. The gross parking transaction volume on SmartPass has been doubling quarter by quarter since April 2021.
This is an excellent position for a highly capable and successful strategy & operations professional who's ready to own, lead, and execute all aspects of scaling a new and innovative product to thousands of more parking sites rapidly.
- Lead and execute full-cycle operations to scale SmartPass to thousands of more parking sites and tens of more online sales channels
- Own SmartPass induced revenue growth outcome
- Work closely with Smarking clients (commercial real estate owners, parking operators, municipalities etc.) to enable rapid SmartPass scaling from POC projects to portfolio wide adoption, tackling challenges from implementation, PARCS (parking tech) integration, user onboarding, and payout bank account set up, to parking growth enablement
- Work closely with sales, customer success, implementation, support, product, and engineering teams at Smarking to enable highly effective and efficient cross-functional empowerment for SmartPass scaling
- Work closely with all tech partners in the industry to break walls and enable broad and in-depth partnerships for Smarking SmartPass
- Establish internal analytics on all aspects of SmartPass scaling and performance
- Lead and execute exploration work under new product initiatives and contribute to high level strategy
- 3+ years experience in operations, consulting, or similar positions
- Successful track record of working with ambiguity and uncertainty; hungry for responsibilities and impact, strong sense of ownership, execution & results oriented
- Big pluses: startup working experience, experience working at marketplace platforms, interest in solving the parking problem
- Passionate about scaling technology solutions across the entire industry
- Passionate about delivering value to customers by leveraging great tech solutions and solving complex problems
- Hungry for responsibility, impact, and growth
- Humble to learn, curious to learn, open-minded to learn
- Team player
- Strong sense of ownership
- Treat others with respect, empathy, and constructive candor
- Competitive salary and stock options.
- 100% coverage of medical, dental, and vision insurances
- 401K plan with 3% company hard match
- $100 monthly data plan
- $60 monthly health subsidiary
- Unlimited paid time off
- Expenses for setting up home-office
- Book club: expenses for buying work/growth empowering books
Smarking is a group of passionate MIT PhDs, data scientists, Silicon Valley engineers, and battle-tested business professionals, committed to enabling highly efficient urban mobility by building the digital infrastructure for the massively overlooked $655B parking industry ($131B in the US).
Smarking is hired by organizations like Brookfield Properties, City of Miami, ABM Industry Groups, and many other enterprise industry leaders to turn their parking data into business results. Smarking's dynamic pricing engine has been creating 40%-400% revenue uplift for online parking sales at parking facilities in Chicago, NYC, Boston, and many other cities, without any manual involvement required from property managers, leveraging fully automatic algorithm-driven yield management technologies similar to the airline and hotel industries.
By providing the very first business intelligence and yield management enterprise SaaS to the parking industry, Smarking is establishing itself as an emerging leader in the US parking market. Smarking currently works with 2,500+ parking locations cross North America and is backed by top investors like Khosla Ventures and Y Combinator.