Senior Product Designer, Growth
Product, Design, Sales & Business Development
United States · Canada
Posted on Tuesday, November 21, 2023
At Scribd (pronounced “scribbed”), we believe reading is more important than ever. Join our cast of characters as we work to change the way the world reads by building the world’s largest and most fascinating digital library: giving subscribers access to a growing collection of ebooks, audiobooks, magazines, documents, Scribd Originals, and more. In addition to works from major publishers and top authors, our community includes over 1.9 M subscribers in nearly every country worldwide.
Have you heard about our future of work program, Scribd Flex? As a key principle, we embrace flexibility and allow employees, in partnership with their manager, to choose the work-style that best suits their individual needs and preferences. And, we create intentional in-person moments with each other that build culture and connection.
About the team and the role
We’re looking for an experienced Growth Product Designer to join our Go To Market product team, a role that sits at the core of our subscription-based business. Step into a critical role where you’ll craft impactful experiences turning first-time visitors into engaged explorers, and where your creativity and strategy directly influence the first chapter of our users’ stories.
With a hands-on approach to design, from interaction wireframes to polished visuals and prototypes, you'll be at the helm of continuous evolution and impactful change. Your vision and strategy, grounded in deep user understanding, will chart the course for future innovation.
We're a team that values experimentation, meticulous craftsmanship, transparency, and above all, our awesome teams of talented people. Come build something that matters — where your work will have a lasting positive impact.
What we’re looking for
- An experienced Growth designer who’s excited to own key initiatives and partner with cross-functional peers to define a strategic roadmap.
- Someone who loves crafting beautifully designed solutions based on insights from real people, focusing on iterative improvements toward an innovative future vision.
- Someone with a mastery of empathy and user experience intuition, strong leadership and strategic partnership, as well as a passion for visual polish.
What You’ll Do
- Partner with product, data analytics, user research, QA, engineering, and customer support to identify requirements, use cases, user problems and opportunities.
- Lead design projects from brief, research, and concept exploration through prototyping, visual design details, and stewardship through development. Use data collected from research, user testing and market evaluation to create truly user-centered designs.
- Use data collected from research, user testing and market evaluation to create truly user-centered designs.
- Pair with our research department to plan and conduct user research, and test prototypes to understand user needs and emotions and the resonance of our product — synthesizing the results to inspire empathy and bring clarity to the broader team.
- Visualize and communicate complex design solutions across use cases by creating process flows, wireframes, motion studies, prototypes, and high fidelity mock-ups
- Develop and maintain detailed design documentation & specifications for your work.
- Work closely with engineers, stakeholders, and partners to ensure that the user experience is polished and as intended.
- Use a variety of metrics to evaluate and continuously improve the user experience
- Regularly present your work to senior leaders for review and feedback.
Who You Are
- You have 5+ years of experience as a product designer on B2C products, with demonstrable proficiency owning the design process from early stage ideation through high fidelity design to product ship
- You are comfortable working closely with product managers, engineers, researchers, and data scientists. You can synthesize and incorporate their points of view in your work
- You are someone who is excited by the challenges of reimagining an existing product, working with a team to forge an unknown path, and being the primary advocate for the user across an entire product experience
- You’re a strong communicator who has the ability to explain complex ideas clearly and persuasively, and present your work in a way that energizes and creates shared ownership for both leaders and peers. You also have the skills to mentor those around you to deliver high quality work
- You are fluent in UX, visual and interactive design best practices and have a strong knowledge of usability fundamentals and methodologies
- You are a talented designer with an impressive design portfolio that you can share with us. Applications without a portfolio are unlikely to be considered
- You work well with ambiguity and get excited about complex problems
- You are people-focused and passionate about designing experiences that have a positive impact
- You are proficient in Figma (our primary tool) or Sketch and prototyping tools of your choosing
At Scribd, your base pay is one part of your total compensation package and is determined within a range. Our pay ranges are based on the local cost of labor benchmarks for each specific role, level, and geographic location. San Francisco is our highest geographic market in the United States. In the state of California, the reasonably expected salary range is between $117,000 [minimum salary in our lowest geographic market within California] to $188,750 [maximum salary in our highest geographic market within California].
Outside of California, the reasonably expected salary range is between $96,000 [minimum salary in our lowest US geographic market outside of California] to $179,000 [maximum salary in our highest US geographic market outside of California].
We carefully consider a wide range of factors when determining compensation, including but not limited to experience; job-related skill sets; relevant education or training; and other business and organizational needs. The salary range listed is for the level at which this job has been scoped. In the event that you are considered for a different level, a higher or lower pay range would apply. This position is also eligible for a competitive equity ownership, and a comprehensive and generous benefits package.
Benefits, Perks, and Wellbeing at Scribd
*Benefits/perks listed may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Scribd and the geographical location where you work.
• Healthcare Insurance Coverage (Medical/Dental/Vision): 100% paid for employees
• 12 weeks paid parental leave
• Short-term/long-term disability plans
• 401k/RSP matching
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Learning & Development programs
• Quarterly stipend for Wellness, Connectivity & Comfort
• Mental Health support & resources
• Free subscription to Scribd + gift memberships for friends & family
• Referral Bonuses
• Book Benefit
• Company wide events
• Team engagement budgets
• Vacation & Personal Days
• Paid Holidays (+ winter break)
• Flexible Sick Time
• Volunteer Day
• Company-wide Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion programs
Want to learn more about life at Scribd? www.linkedin.com/company/scribd/life
We want our interview process to be accessible to everyone. You can inform us of any reasonable adjustments we can make to better accommodate your needs by emailing email@example.com about the need for adjustments at any point in the interview process.
Scribd is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply, and believe that a diversity of perspectives and experiences create a foundation for the best ideas. Come join us in building something meaningful.
Remote employees must have their primary residence in: Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, DC, Florida, Hawaii, Iowa, Massachusetts, Maryland, Michigan, Missouri, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Washington, Ontario (Canada), British Columbia (Canada), or Mexico. *This list may not be complete or accurate, and candidates should speak with their recruiter about their specific location for remote work.