Product Manager, Technical SEO
Marketing & Communications, IT, Product
United States · Canada
Posted on Friday, May 26, 2023
At Scribd (pronounced “scribbed”), we believe reading is more important than ever. Join our cast of characters as we work to change the way the world reads by building the world’s largest and most fascinating digital library: giving subscribers access to a growing collection of ebooks, audiobooks, magazines, documents, Scribd Originals, and more. In addition to works from major publishers and top authors, our community includes over 1.9 M subscribers in nearly every country worldwide.
Have you heard about our future of work program, Scribd Flex? As a key principle, we embrace flexibility and allow employees, in partnership with their manager, to choose the work-style that best suits their individual needs and preferences. And, we create intentional in-person moments with each other that build culture and connection.
We are looking for an experienced and results-driven Product Manager who specializes in Technical SEO to join our growing team. The successful candidate will play a crucial role in driving organic search traffic and improving the performance of our websites with over 50 million+ URLs.
In this pivotal position, you will play a key role in shaping Scribd's SEO roadmap, a crucial element in our strategy as one of the most trafficked sites worldwide. Your contributions will include designing and implementing high-impact initiatives in collaboration with cross-functional partners, vital for driving over a billion unique visitors to our properties annually.
We are looking for a Product Manager who is comfortable using data to develop priorities and assess results, while also demonstrating a deep understanding of customer needs and wants, and staying on top of trends in the SEO industry.
• You are a highly organized, customer-centric Product Manager with experience in SEO.
• You love reading and want to help more people discover Scribd’s unique offering on Google.
• You excel at clarifying and simplifying complex concepts and ideas, with the ability to communicate effectively to stakeholders with varying degrees of knowledge of your domain.
• You view your role as a cross-functional partner.
• You understand that your work doesn’t stop after requirements are written, and you work with your team through execution.
• You don’t differentiate between SEO experiences for bots vs. users - understanding that anything you put on a page has user impact
• Oversee and manage the technical aspects of our SEO strategy, including but not limited to website architecture, link-building strategies, metadata, structured data, XML sitemaps and website speed optimization.
• Perform regular SEO audits to identify areas of improvement and strategize on feasible solutions.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including marketing, product, engineering, and data analysis to implement SEO best practices throughout product development.
• Utilize data-driven insights to recommend and implement innovative SEO techniques that will increase organic traffic, improve ranking positions, and drive user acquisition.
• Educate internal stakeholders on the importance of SEO, sharing updates on algorithm changes, industry trends, and competitor strategies.
• Develop, prioritize, and execute roadmaps for SEO projects.
• Monitor key SEO KPIs and report on performance, including detailed analysis of SEO campaign results and ongoing recommendations for improvement.
• 3+ years of proven experience as a Product Manager or a similar role in technical SEO for a platform with substantial web content (50 million+ URLs).
• Experience with taking a customer-centric approach to SEO – improving quality for users while achieving business goals.
• Strong knowledge of Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Bing Webmaster Tools, and other industry SEO and analytics tools.
• Deep understanding of SEO guidelines, algorithms, ranking signals, and search engine updates.
• Hands-on experience with site migrations.
• Hands-on knowledge of complex crawl & log file analysis, site information / URL architecture optimization, core web vitals, site speed optimization, and advanced structured data implementation
• Experience with SEO crawling software (e.g. Botify, Deepcrawl) and rank tracking (e.g. Conductor, Brightedge)
• Excellent communication, leadership, and project management skills.
• Familiarity with the tech subscription market for ebooks, audiobooks, and other media is a plus.
At Scribd, your base pay is one part of your total compensation package and is determined within a range. Our pay ranges are based on the local cost of labor benchmarks for each specific role, level, and geographic location. San Francisco is our highest geographic market in the United States. In the state of California, the reasonably expected salary range is between $120,500 [minimum salary in our lowest geographic market within California] to $194,750 [maximum salary in our highest geographic market within California].
Outside of California, the reasonably expected salary range is between $99,000 [minimum salary in our lowest US geographic market outside of California] to $184,750 [maximum salary in our highest US geographic market outside of California].
We carefully consider a wide range of factors when determining compensation, including but not limited to experience; job-related skill sets; relevant education or training; and other business and organizational needs. The salary range listed is for the level at which this job has been scoped. In the event that you are considered for a different level, a higher or lower pay range would apply. This position is also eligible for a competitive equity ownership, and a comprehensive and generous benefits package.
Benefits, Perks, and Wellbeing at Scribd
*Benefits/perks listed may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Scribd and the geographical location where you work.
• Healthcare Insurance Coverage (Medical/Dental/Vision): 100% paid for employees
• 12 weeks paid parental leave
• Short-term/long-term disability plans
• 401k/RSP matching
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Learning & Development programs
• Quarterly stipend for Wellness, Connectivity & Comfort
• Mental Health support & resources
• Free subscription to Scribd + gift memberships for friends & family
• Referral Bonuses
• Book Benefit
• Company wide events
• Team engagement budgets
• Vacation & Personal Days
• Paid Holidays (+ winter break)
• Flexible Sick Time
• Volunteer Day
• Company-wide Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion programs
Want to learn more about life at Scribd? www.linkedin.com/company/scribd/life
We want our interview process to be accessible to everyone. You can inform us of any reasonable adjustments we can make to better accommodate your needs by emailing email@example.com about the need for adjustments at any point in the interview process.
Scribd is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply, and believe that a diversity of perspectives and experiences create a foundation for the best ideas. Come join us in building something meaningful.
Remote employees must have their primary residence in: Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, DC, Florida, Hawaii, Iowa, Massachusetts, Maryland, Michigan, Missouri, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Washington, Ontario (Canada), British Columbia (Canada), or Mexico. *This list may not be complete or accurate, and candidates should speak with their recruiter about their specific location for remote work.
See more open positions at Scribd
Something looks off?