Senior Product Manager, Machine Learning Platform
Software Engineering, Product
United States · Canada
Posted on Thursday, April 27, 2023
At Scribd (pronounced “scribbed”), we believe reading is more important than ever. Join our cast of characters as we work to change the way the world reads by building the world’s largest and most fascinating digital library: giving subscribers access to a growing collection of ebooks, audiobooks, magazines, documents, Scribd Originals, and more. In addition to works from major publishers and top authors, our community includes over 1.9 M subscribers in nearly every country worldwide.
Have you heard about our future of work program, Scribd Flex? As a key principle, we embrace flexibility and allow employees, in partnership with their manager, to choose the work-style that best suits their individual needs and preferences. And, we create intentional in-person moments with each other that build culture and connection.
About the Role & Team:
Our team is revolutionizing the discovery and consumption experiences with the power of generative AI. Our mission is to build a platform that enables Scribd to create a world-class experience for engaging with our content and building a reading habit. We are seeking a Senior Product Manager with a strong background in machine learning and excellent communication skills to join our team and lead the development of our platform.
We have two key competitive advantages that enable us to revolutionize the field of natural language processing. Firstly, we have one of the largest document corpuses in the world, which provides us with an unprecedented amount of data to train our models on. This, combined with our team's expertise in natural language processing and machine learning more generally gives us a significant advantage over our competitors.
Our culture of innovation and collaboration ensures we stay ahead of the curve and continue to deliver cutting-edge products that meet the evolving needs of our customers. We leverage our existing knowledge and expertise to quickly and efficiently develop and deploy models that are more accurate and effective than those of our competitors, providing significant value to our customers' businesses.
As the Senior Product Manager for the Machine Learning Platform, you will be responsible for the strategy, development, and management of our machine learning platform. You will work closely with the Discovery team to identify their needs and requirements for the platform and translate them into a clear product roadmap. You will also collaborate with data scientists, designers and software engineers to develop and implement new capabilities.
If you are passionate about machine learning, generative AI, and building innovative products, we would love to hear from you. This is an exciting opportunity to join an ambitious and collaborative team and make a significant impact on our journey to revolutionize how customers engage with content.
• Develop a deep understanding of our discovery team's needs and workflows, and translate them into clear requirements and product roadmap.
• Work with data scientists and software engineers to build and manage the platform, ensuring that it meets the needs of the discovery team and is scalable, reliable, and maintainable.
• Collaborate with other teams to ensure the platform is integrated with all other products and services.
• Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products.
• Identify and track key performance metrics.
• Communicate clearly and effectively with stakeholders at all levels, including senior executives, data scientists, and engineers.
• Continuously monitor and evaluate the platform's performance, making improvements and adjustments as necessary.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Applied Sciences or related field.
• 5+ years of experience in product management, with a focus on machine learning or AI-related products.
• Past experience building and managing machine learning platforms or similar products.
• Knowledgeable and passionate about generative AI and deep learning technologies.
• Skilled at analyzing complex, large-scale data sets and making decisions based on data.
• Technical experience with analytical tools, methodologies, and design.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment.
• Voracious reader and passionate about life-long learning.
Even Better If You Have:
• Past experience defining the vision and strategy for an external customer facing product in partnership with design, analytics, and user research.
• Example live products that went through a full consumer or B2B product lifecycle, integrating customer feedback into product requirements, driving prioritization and pre/post-launch execution.
• Experience working in a startup or similar fast-paced environment is a plus.
At Scribd, your base pay is one part of your total compensation package and is determined within a range. Our pay ranges are based on the local cost of labor benchmarks for each specific role, level, and geographic location. San Francisco is our highest geographic market in the United States. In the state of California, the reasonably expected salary range is between $136,000 [minimum salary in our lowest geographic market within California] to $207,500 [maximum salary in our highest geographic market within California].
Outside of California, the reasonably expected salary range is between $112,000 [minimum salary in our lowest US geographic market outside of California] to $197,250 [maximum salary in our highest US geographic market outside of California].
We carefully consider a wide range of factors when determining compensation, including but not limited to experience; job-related skill sets; relevant education or training; and other business and organizational needs. The salary range listed is for the level at which this job has been scoped. In the event that you are considered for a different level, a higher or lower pay range would apply. This position is also eligible for a competitive equity ownership, and a comprehensive and generous benefits package.
Benefits, Perks, and Wellbeing at Scribd
*Benefits/perks listed may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Scribd and the geographical location where you work.
• Healthcare Insurance Coverage (Medical/Dental/Vision): 100% paid for employees
• 12 weeks paid parental leave
• Short-term/long-term disability plans
• 401k/RSP matching
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Learning & Development programs
• Quarterly stipend for Wellness, Connectivity & Comfort
• Mental Health support & resources
• Free subscription to Scribd + gift memberships for friends & family
• Referral Bonuses
• Book Benefit
• Company wide events
• Team engagement budgets
• Vacation & Personal Days
• Paid Holidays (+ winter break)
• Flexible Sick Time
• Volunteer Day
• Company-wide Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion programs
Want to learn more about life at Scribd? www.linkedin.com/company/scribd/life
We want our interview process to be accessible to everyone. You can inform us of any reasonable adjustments we can make to better accommodate your needs by emailing email@example.com about the need for adjustments at any point in the interview process.
Scribd is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply, and believe that a diversity of perspectives and experiences create a foundation for the best ideas. Come join us in building something meaningful.
Remote employees must have their primary residence in: Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, DC, Florida, Hawaii, Iowa, Massachusetts, Maryland, Michigan, Missouri, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Washington, Ontario (Canada), British Columbia (Canada), or Mexico. *This list may not be complete or accurate, and candidates should speak with their recruiter about their specific location for remote work.
See more open positions at Scribd
Something looks off?