Regional Sales Director
Scipher Medicine is developing an exciting portfolio of personalized medicine solutions in complex diseases. Most patients who are prescribed blockbuster therapies today don’t respond to the treatment. Scipher's platform identifies which drug will work based on the patient's fundamental disease biology, and not based on symptoms, disease classification, or medical bias. A simple test predicts which drug he/she will respond to, ensuring that most optimal treatment is prescribed from day one. The molecular data generated by our tests is then used to fuel novel target discovery to address a clear unmet medical need in patients who do not respond to any existing therapy.
The Regional Sales Director contributes to the National Sales Strategy and oversees the launch and execution by achieving and exceeding sales and profit objectives in the allocated regional geography. This is achieved by planning, hiring and leadership of field-based Account Executives, and utilizing customer interactions and collaboration with Medical and Healthcare Facilities. This position covers all aspects related to direct HCP and customer engagement.
Region - South
Candidates should live no more than 1 hour from a major airport.
States included in the region: South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee, Kentucky, and Louisiana
- The RSD will attract, develop, and manage a high performing team of approximately 2-4 Account Executives to achieve or exceed sales objectives.
- Cultivate productive relationships with customers to include HCPs, Advanced Practice Providers, Department Administrators, and other key medical and administrative personnel.
- The RSD will collaborate with stakeholder functions (e.g., National Accounts Director, Marketing, Market Access, Medical Science, Commercial Operations, Supply Chain, Finance, Corporate Development, etc.) to optimize the customer experience and maximize business outcomes, ultimately contributing to the global revenues and growth expectations for the portfolio.
- Oversee the regional sales strategy through execution of territory business plans to include new customer contracts, market share growth and modeling competitive threats. This should lead to the achievement or exceeding of sales forecasts and volume targets at both region and account level.
- Manage the regional sales expense budget and allocate according to best ROI principles.
- Input into the design and execution of Sales Force Incentive Compensation Strategy
- Work with relevant Functional Heads to manage growth and change, develop human capital, and create and maintain a culture of engagement and accountability.
- Provide prompt and objective feedback, coaching, and counseling to enhance or improve performance by setting expectations and holding individuals accountable for performance and behavior.
- Prioritize multiple projects and drive focus on high impact opportunities; monitor Performance Dashboards to analyze, interpret, and execute actionable sales efforts, prioritizing customers and assigning responsibilities.
- Foster an integrated customer account strategy and drive the cultivation of synergy among Medical Affairs, Marketing, Market Access and all related work teams including those aimed at growth and continuous improvement; identify and provide market intelligence about trends in patient / disease management, competing technologies, reimbursement issues, etc. that may affect the appropriate usage of companies products.
- Develop relationships with clients in the auto-immune and Rheumatoid Arthritis community.
- Ensure a compliant, ethical culture to promote companies products and adhere to the highest ethical standards.
- 10+ years demonstrated successful sales experience in the health care field, including 2+ years in a sales leadership role, ideally in Diagnostics and/or Therapeutics; demonstrate high clinical acumen and a focus on high priority opportunities.
- 2+ years contracting experience with healthcare entities; strong influencing and negotiation skills.
- Comprehensive understanding of the pharmaceutical, diagnostic and PMF industry as well as HealthCare Systems.
- Communicate ideas and information, both verbally and written, in a persuasive and appropriate manner; ability to communicate complex or technical content in a convincing way to non-technical audiences.
- Excellent coaching skills to maximize the productivity of high performing Account Management professionals.
- Experienced in managing multiple projects simultaneously and delivering results in a timely manner; effective management skills in environment of ambiguity.
- Proficient MS Office and CRM skills.
- Effective collaboration skills with internal and external stakeholders; the ability to work at peer-level with experienced technical and commercial experts.
Scipher is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.