Scipher Medicine is developing an exciting portfolio of personalized medicine solutions in complex diseases. Most patients who are prescribed blockbuster therapies today don’t respond to the treatment. Scipher's platform identifies which drug will work based on the patient's fundamental disease biology, and not based on symptoms, disease classification, or medical bias. A simple test predicts which drug he/she will respond to, ensuring that most optimal treatment is prescribed from day one. The molecular data generated by our tests is then used to fuel novel target discovery to address a clear unmet medical need in patients who do not respond to any existing therapy.
Scipher Medicine is seeking a Staff Accountant to join our fast-growing team reporting to the Controller. As part of our growing team and company, the Staff Accountant will be heavily involved in creating and driving the strategy, new systems, methodologies, and best practices for Scipher Medicine. You are a creative innovative thinker who knows what excellence looks like and you want to take part in building an incredible organization.
Execute end-to-end accounts payable process including the following:
- Accurate and timely recording of payable transactions
- Monitoring and matching of invoices to purchase orders
- New vendor setup in system, verification and authentication of vendor payment details
- Maintain Employee Expense platform ensuring all (both out of pocket and corporate credit card) expenses are submitted according to company policy.
- Monitor payment process ensuring appropriate approval authority, general ledger coding and compliance with company internal controls, policies and procedures
- Review accounts payable aging and vendor relationships with regards to invoice issuance and payment
- Manage relationships with internal and external customers, working with vendors to answer questions and resolve payment issues
- Analyze accounts payable processes, suggest improvements and participate in the implementation of any operational improvements
- Prepare and mail 1099s to appropriate vendors and file with the IRS
- Perform other projects, tasks and responsibilities assigned, as may be needed
- This role is a hybrid, in office role, candidates must be able to commute to Waltham, MA location 4 days per week
- Minimum 2 years of Accounts Payable experience
- Good knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of NetSuite, Bill.com, and Concur is a plus
- Basic accounting/accounts payable skills with ambitions to grow knowledge and position
- Very detail-oriented and organized
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple projects at once
- Creative thinker who looks to improve processes and is not afraid of change and taking initiative
- Proactive approach to problem-solving
Scipher is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.