Scipher Medicine is a Boston-based venture-backed life science company developing a portfolio of personalized medicine solutions in complex diseases with a focus in autoimmunity. Harnessing our powerful proprietary Network Medicine platform, developed by our academic co-founders from Harvard Medical School/Brigham and Women’s Hospital and the Center for Complex Network Research at Northeastern University, we interpret patients’ genomic data to gain unique insights into their disease biology to enable optimal treatment pathway and therapy selection. Our proprietary blood tests predict response to existing therapies ensuring right drug is prescribed from day one, and molecular and clinical outcomes data from tested patients is leveraged in payer and provider partnerships. Currently Scipher is focusing on rheumatoid arthritis and inflammatory bowel disease and plans to expand into other autoimmune diseases in the near future.
- Leads the development of new assays and technology transfer from development into the clinical laboratory ensuring planned and predictable performance.
- Ensures that all laboratory activities and operations are carried out in compliance with local, state, federal, and governmental regulations, and laws.
- Serve as Technical Director and provide day-to-day oversight of the Scipher Medicine Clinical Laboratory.
- Establish operational objectives with Senior Leadership and delegate assignments to direct reports and broader team.
- Collaborate with ITS and data science teams for development, prioritization, and validation.
- Partner with the Quality team to review, manage, and improve, or execute Quality Assurance programs.
- Work closely with leadership team to assist in the process of identifying needs and planning education, training and development programs.
- Prepare and support continuous accreditation readiness efforts.
- Train, motivate, and develop the team.
- PhD in Molecular Biology
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience developing and running NGS assays, RNASeq experience is desirable
- Experience with Bioinformatic analysis of NGS data
- Experience with CLIA validation of LDT in Next Gen Sequencing
- Board certification in Molecular Genetics is desirable
- Experience with NYS and CAP accreditation is desirable
- Highly experienced CLIA laboratory operations manager with 7+ years of experience managing a CLIA laboratory
- Supervisory experience in a clinical laboratory is required
- Able to work on site in Durham, NC
Scipher is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.