Director, Market Access
Scipher Medicine is developing an exciting portfolio of personalized medicine solutions in complex diseases. Most patients who are prescribed blockbuster therapies today don’t respond to the treatment. Scipher's platform identifies which drug will work based on the patient's fundamental disease biology, and not based on symptoms, disease classification, or medical bias. A simple test predicts which drug he/she will respond to, ensuring that most optimal treatment is prescribed from day one. The molecular data generated by our tests is then used to fuel novel target discovery to address a clear unmet medical need in patients who do not respond to any existing therapy.
The Regional Director Market Access is responsible for and provides strategic leadership for payer reimbursement to Scipher by working collaboratively with senior management. The person ensures that the company optimizes regional payer coverage and value-based payment by establishing long-range goals, strategies, tactics, tools, people and systems in place to effectively grow the organization and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency. The position accomplishes this through a respectful, constructive and energetic style, guided by the objectives of Scipher's mission and governing policies.
- Provide day-to-day leadership and management of regional market access and reimbursement that mirrors the adopted mission and core values of Scipher
- Responsible for collaborating with senior and commercial management to drive the company reimbursement strategy to achieve and surpass sales, profitability, cash flow and business goals and objectives
- Provide timely, accurate and complete reports on the reimbursement status of regional payer targets
- Spearhead the development, communication and implementation of effective regional payer growth strategies and processes
- Participates in the development of the corporation's plans and programs as a strategic partner
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce regulatory policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation
- Establish credibility throughout the organization and with senior management as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges
- Collaborate with the senior management team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of reimbursement systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the rapid growth objectives of our organization
- Act as an advisor from the financial perspective on any payer contracts into which Scipher may enter
- Foster a performance oriented, accountable environment within Scipher
- Represent Scipher with payer clients, healthcare policymakers, legislators, physician organizations, patient advocates and other key stakeholders that make or influence reimbursement decisions
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- Master’s degree in business or related field is a PLUS
- 5-7 years of strong reimbursement-related industry experience
- Contracts and negotiation experience
- Skilled in organizational development, personnel management, budget and resource development, and strategic planning
- Excellent people skills, with an ability to partner with a dynamic leadership team.
- Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to corporate mission
- Flexible and able to multitask; can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions; demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work within a matrix team environment
- Go-Getter, not afraid to think outside the box, takes initiative
- Ability to laugh at yourself
- 40% Travel
Scipher is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.