Project/Alliance Manager - Therapeutics
Scipher Medicine is a Boston-based venture-backed life science company developing a portfolio of personalized medicine solutions in complex diseases with a focus in autoimmunity. Harnessing our powerful proprietary Network Medicine platform, developed by our academic co-founders from Harvard Medical School/Brigham and Women’s Hospital and the Center for Complex Network Research at Northeastern University, we interpret patients’ genomic data to gain unique insights into their disease biology to enable optimal treatment pathway and therapy selection. Our proprietary blood tests predict response to existing therapies ensuring right drug is prescribed from day one, and molecular and clinical outcomes data from tested patients is leveraged in payer and provider partnerships. Currently Scipher is focusing on rheumatoid arthritis and inflammatory bowel disease and plans to expand into other autoimmune diseases in the near future.
We are seeking an experienced Project/Alliance Manager to provide project management and operational support for both internal research programs and external collaborations. The role will be instrumental in building and maintaining a successful therapeutics organization. The Senior Project/Alliance Manager is a crucial role within Scipher Medicine with many critical, cross-functional responsibilities.
- Provide managerial support for research teams by scheduling and directing both internal and external meetings and teleconferences with remote team members, organizing presentation materials, drafting and distributing meeting agendas, recording meeting minutes and action items, including follow-up on action items.
- Serve as a point of contact for external collaborators to facilitate communication for coordinating research workplans and timelines.
- Assist with the development and oversight of project timelines and provide information to the Finance team to track budgets.
- Determine resource requirements, monitor project performance, communicate progress, and make necessary adjustments to ensure projects stay on track.
- Prepare project plans, schedules, and budgets by working with appropriate stakeholders and cross-functional team members.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with external vendors as needed to plan and execute project requirements. Independently produce and update weekly materials including timelines and action logs for program leadership through executive-level leadership.
- Utilize tools, templates, and dashboards to build upon existing structure for the growing PMO. Effectively communicates project status through standard status reports, and by participating in departmental and project status meetings, managing changes to project scope, cost, and schedule via change management process.
- Establish organizational standards and implement new processes and systems as needed.
- Drive strategic initiatives and company goals.
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in health or biologic science (BS/BA/ BScN or higher) with a minimum of 3 years clinical study management experience in the biopharmaceutical industry.
- Global clinical trial experience is highly preferred.
- 5+ years of multi-disciplinary experience in clinical stage drug development
- 5+ years of project and alliance management experience
- 2+ years managing enterprise-level projects
- High degree of initiative, accountability, accuracy, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to drive assigned tasks, which may entail finding your way through ambiguity, with a proven record of independently solving problems through strong critical thinking.
- Experience in Life Science, Biotechnology, Diagnostic, or research industry managing projects related to product development and commercialization.
- Demonstrated strength in communication understanding and relaying technical information accurately and concisely to non-technical staff and management through written and verbal presentations.
- Successfully manage multiple projects with competing deadlines and priorities
- History or strong understanding of working in a start-up environment.
- Bachelor's Degree required; Master’s preferred
- Training and or certifications in Project Management are helpful, not a requirement
Scipher is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law