Director, Talent Acquisition
Scipher Medicine is developing an exciting portfolio of personalized medicine solutions in complex diseases. Most patients who are prescribed blockbuster therapies today don’t respond to the treatment. Scipher's platform identifies which drug will work based on the patient's fundamental disease biology, and not based on symptoms, disease classification, or medical bias. A simple test predicts which drug he/she will respond to, ensuring that most optimal treatment is prescribed from day one. The molecular data generated by our tests is then used to fuel novel target discovery to address a clear unmet medical need in patients who do not respond to any existing therapy.
The Director, Talent Acquisition will be a key member of the HR team, partnerning very closely with our executive team on how TA can serve the needs of the business and understand how to tell the story of Scipher to the market.
We are back to the office Monday - Thursday
- You will lead the strategy and implementation of building our talent pipeline.
- Develop a deep understanding of our business to be able to tell the story of Scipher in a compelling way to the market, while serving the needs of the business.
- Create and implement the recruiting processes and systems to enable the company to identify and attract distinctive and diverse talent.
- Leverage broad and deep experience with different talent acquisition methods to manage resources dynamically, efficiently and effectively.
- Coordinate with HR and Finance Business partners to dynamically manage headcount budgets and align resources with priorities.
- 7+ years of In-house talent acquisition experience in a high-growth company, driving process innovation, including both continuous improvement and disruptive change.
- Experience with a range of different talent acquisition methods, including in-house and outsourced, including a sophisticated understanding of which tool to use in which situation.
- Experience with programs to identify and attract distinctive and diverse talent, including targeting under-explored talent pools as well as recognizing and correcting selection practices that may have missed qualified candidates.
- Ability to move through ambiguity, taking action in order to make progress and learn, and making improvements based on new information.
- Experience with taking programs all the way from idea through implementation, including managing through bumps along the way.
- Working knowledge of HR and ATS systems.
- This is a hands on role, requiring sourcing candidates and filling requisitions, we require a roll up your sleeves type background to dig into this role.
- Experience in the life sciences is not required, any industry will be considered; however, intellectual curiosity is essential.
Scipher is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.